Out of the loop for a bit

Asterisk

Reaction score
So I have been at Air Force basic training for the past 2 months and like the title says out of the phone loop for a while and I am just wanting to know what I have missed and what the best roms are right now. So ummm feel free to let me know anything.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

phishfi

Reaction score
For the DX? I don't use any roms, but i'll say I've tried rubix and liberty. Liberty has the most amazing toolbox app I've ever had the pleasure of using. Apex has a toolbox too, but from what I've seen it's terminal based, which makes it a lot less simple, especially if you're just getting "back in the loop"...

Sent from my "Stock" DX

Psyman

Reaction score
First, as a vet.. id like to personally say thank you for contributing to the defence of my freedom. In that thought there are a few good ones to choose from.. Liberty 1.5 ( no blur ).. apex 1.4.1 for a mix and darkslide blur. These are the 3 im currently trying. Hard choice to pick one.. I use nandroid backups to bounce between them. Great roms with equally great support and themes.
Edit..saw D2 in your sig but you posted in the X forum.. do tell which phone you have :)
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
First, as a vet.. id like to personally say thank you for contributing to the defence of my freedom.

Make that two of us.....

phishfi

Reaction score
Oh yeah, didn't even think to mention the military. OP which squadron did you go through? I went through in 08 with wolfpack. I think we were the 3rd group to go through the 8 week bmt. How is it now? Do you guys still get to shoot the m9 or did they stop doing that?

Sent from my "Stock" DX

Glitch4583

Reaction score
Phi, at least you weren't a bullfrog (bulldog). :p But yeah, was supposed to go to Lackland a bit ago but those orders fell through, what's it like now?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Add me to the list of "Thanks for your Service"...I hear it all the time, feels good to pass it along to someone else...

As far as ROM`s go, you will be hard pressed to beat Liberty v1.5 if you want a Blurless phone...or just a "taste" of Blur that can be added via the Liberty Toolbox...and its good on both the Droid X and the Droid 2...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I have been at Air Force basic training for the past 2 months and like the title says out of the phone loop for a while and I am just wanting to know what I have missed and what the best roms are right now. So ummm feel free to let me know anything.

Thank you

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved.

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
Sorry for not posting which phone I have. I have a droid x while my girlfriend has a droid 2. I can't have my phone until this coming monday when I ship for technical training. I went through the 326th which is the bulldogs. Now as far as shooting goes we only get to shoot the m16. But back to the phone thank you for letting me know which roms are good. I think I might try darkslide or liberty not sure. And thank you all for the big thank yous.

phishfi

Reaction score
Nice dude. Where you heading for tech school?

As for the phone, once you get out there will hopefully be UDX or CyanogenMod out for us DX users. Either way you should have a couple more options once you get done with tech school. What's your afsc?

Sent from my "Stock" DX

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be other options but my tech school isn't that far away since I am staying at lackland. My afsc is 3p011 which is security forces. Good thing is that my mom brought my laptop with her so I can use that once I get there.

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your service to our country and for helping keep freedom alive!!! We really appreciate your bravery and devotion...Linda

OP
Asterisk

Asterisk

Reaction score
Thanks for your service to our country and for helping keep freedom alive!!! We really appreciate your bravery and devotion...Linda

Well thank you for the thanks lol. Its one of the only things that I can do to keep my family and everyone else safe and free.