Otterbox

barski

Reaction score
I bought a Commuter from otterbox, and it will be here monday. I just got a shipping notification for the Defender that i ordered back in october, i forgot all about it. Anyways i picked the defender up for $35 on ebay and commuter for $31 from otterbox with discount coupon.

I'll be sure to write a review on both cases.

Eskay

Reaction score
If anyone who ordered the Commuter series case can comment on whether or not it fits in any other 3rd party holsters I would greatly appreciate it.

For example if the DX + Otter Commuter case can fit in the Seidio Active holster?

I prefer Otter to Seidio and would like to pick up the new case but would like a holster to put it in while the phone is stored in my bookbag while at the gym.

Edit: Also, it seems the Otter case has a rubberized section that goes over the menu, home, back and search buttons on the bottom of the phone and will cover up the lights from the buttons. Can anyone comment on the bulkiness of this region of the cover and how well the buttons work underneath the case? Thanks!

FireDroid

Reaction score
There is a how to video in the geberal discussion thread for the commuter.

~P~

Reaction score
Barski - where'd you get the coupon for Otterbox?

Where'd you get the coupon for Otterbox? I'm down with saving a few bucks.

P~

IDGBZ71

Reaction score
Just ordered commuter from otterbox 31.45 shipped used coupon code tb1010y. Which I just googled otterbox coupon.

barski

Reaction score
My Otterbox Defender came in today. I have the Zagg maximum protection on my Droid X. YES your zagg will work with the Defender. But the screen protector is bubbly when you push on it. I'm getting the commuter 2maro. I'm going to give it a day with the defender then write up a review. So far "It was worth the wait"

sporlan

Reaction score
Used the Otter for about a week. I went back to the Seidio. I like that I can see the menu buttons light up in the dark. Also i like the camera cover. The belt clip will also hold up much, much better when tugged on. The Otter snaps off very easy. I aslo did not like the feel of my thumb swiping across cover.
I think the Otter exterior buttons are nice and the back has a nice feel to it. The cover over the menue buttons do make it easier to push.

Eskay

Reaction score
Otterbox Coupons

I don't want to gum up the forum with coupon codes as a quick google should yield the same results. However, since one was already mentioned and it was not the best one available I figured I should mention another, the best I was able to find.

Code "DiveShowOtter" - 20% off of your order and free shipping.

I just used it a minute ago and the total for my DX Commuter case with shipping (and the additional Otterbox stand they are including on every order from Nov 23-29) was only $27.96.

Hope this helps.

barski

Reaction score
Wtf, my otterbox says shipped in my account but on order details it says not shipped? :icon_evil:

Mine said that to, post your order number on there Facebook page and ask if it shipped. They gave me the tracking number.

Freezetron

Reaction score
I don't want to gum up the forum with coupon codes as a quick google should yield the same results. However, since one was already mentioned and it was not the best one available I figured I should mention another, the best I was able to find.

Code "DiveShowOtter" - 20% off of your order and free shipping.

Hell, wish I knew that sooner and I got screwed outa my friend stand as well. Gay....