Otterbox

jsandersp

Reaction score
I am interested to see this case and would love to hear some feedback on it as far as general feel and added bulk. I think I would be most interested in the Defender. It looks wicked durable and I have been known to drop a phone here and there. I also like to take them into hazardous environments. :)

Oh, and I do realize it's not out for the DX yet (I am on their email list now), I was just wondering about past experiences with other phones and the Otter Box. Also, I am aware of the breakage problem with the Droid and I think the Commuter series. I am not condsidering that as I factor since I think the flaw is due to a change in the original Droid design, so not really Otter Box's fault, I guess.

I did get to handle the Defender for Iphone 4 at BestBuy. It wasn't as bulky as I thought it would be. I also don't mind the size of the DX in my front pocket and would consider sacrificing its slim factor for rock-solid protection. I got the Invisible Shield on now. I'm sure it's great for scratch resistance but, like I said, I drop a phone now and again.

Thoughts? Concerns?

InfamousDX

Reaction score
I've personally thrown an iphone4 and a bb bold 9700 (both with Defenders) into walls (enough to dent them) and onto concrete without the phones skipping a beat. Luckily, I was able to do this because my friend is a store manager for AT&T. He often does this demonstration for nonbelieving customers and this sways them pretty quickly, lol.

jsandersp

Reaction score
I've personally thrown an iphone4 and a bb bold 9700 (both with Defenders) into walls (enough to dent them) and onto concrete without the phones skipping a beat. Luckily, I was able to do this because my friend is a store manager for AT&T. He often does this demonstration for nonbelieving customers and this sways them pretty quickly, lol.

That sounds promising! I did see a Youtube video of someone dropping an Otterbox Defender-protected Iphone 3g out of a second story window with the same results (though I doubt the sidewalk was dented).

Now... How long am I going to have to wait?! I wonder what I'll have first: my new Otterbox Defender case, or froyo! The race is on. I hate waiting.

makaveliq3

Reaction score
i really love my extended battery though. I don't thnk any of their cases will fit the extended battery.

jsandersp

Reaction score
It also comes with a built-in screen protector. Am I going to have to remove all the IS pieces I put on? I would kind of like to keep the IS screen protector on. Is that possible? I would only want to keep it on if I used the Otterbox on dangerous excursions and not all the time. I guess I would probably keep the OB on 24/7 though. Hard to say without being out yet and all.

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I have an Otterbox Commuter on my D1 and it's gr8. I'm very very careful with my phones so I've not put it to any test but it seems to be quite rugged. I got my DX this week but am not activating until I get my accessories this week. I'm going to use the OEM cover/holster I bought from VZW on eBay until the Otterbox comes out.

Santee

Reaction score
Hopefully it comes right in time for the holidays.

bsc504

Reaction score
It says the defender is twice as thick as the commuter and the commuter has 80% of the protection that the defender has. I think I would rather the less bulky one (commuter) but only the defender comes with a holster. :icon_evil:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've found if you want true protection sometimes bulk doesn't matter. I honestly believe they make one of the best products out there. I've owned numerous cases by them for different models.

Wish they'd hurry up:)

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

Dr.Dad

Reaction score
New reviews?

Since the other otterbox thread was closed, I am bumping this one so that others can post pictures and reviews of the otterbox cases. I will post if I ever receive my pre-order cases......

DJSketch

Reaction score
Why are opening this back up. All ppl had to do was stay on topic with the I made an it would have been all good still.

Sent from my DROIDX