OTA Update Won't Show Up.

remedemic

Reaction score
Whenever I click system updates for the phone to check for updates, I just get the "Checking for available updates. Please wait..." screen with the blue wheel animation, and it just stays there. This is the case over wi-fi. When I do it over 4g, it tells me "System Update is not available at this time".

Anyone know why?

Also, if i manage to fix this problem, should I even download the update? Some people say it made their phone worse.

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
OTA updates don't go out to everyone at once... they go out randomly in no particular order, geographic location, purchase date, etc, etc, etc. do not matter when it is time for your update you will get it. At that point you will have the option of accepting it or not. If you choose not to it will remind you every 30 minutes that there is an update.

breedingh8

Reaction score
OTA updates don't go out to everyone at once... they go out randomly in no particular order, geographic location, purchase date, etc, etc, etc. do not matter when it is time for your update you will get it. At that point you will have the option of accepting it or not. If you choose not to it will remind you every 30 minutes that there is an update.

Mine finally came in failed twice then the download suspended on me after a factory reset so now I'm restoring my first backup and trying from there

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Mine finally came in failed twice then the download suspended on me after a factory reset so now I'm restoring my first backup and trying from there

Sent from my GT-P7510 using DroidForums
If you are rooted you may have a problem get the update to run and finish installing, or you may lose root if it does install. For future reference, it might be best to put your phone back in "stock" configuration (no renamed files, no removed files etc), unroot, and then get the update. It doesn't take much to root again after update. You don't have to do this, but it usually prevents an install failure.

y0rk

Reaction score
Whenever I click system updates for the phone to check for updates, I just get the "Checking for available updates. Please wait..." screen with the blue wheel animation, and it just stays there. This is the case over wi-fi. When I do it over 4g, it tells me "System Update is not available at this time".

Anyone know why?

Also, if i manage to fix this problem, should I even download the update? Some people say it made their phone worse.

Mine has been doing the exact same thing. It will sit on that screen with the blue wheel all day if I let it. I noticed it acting this way a few weeks ago, prior to that it would come back right away and say the phone was up to date.

Have tried the temp unroot, unfrozen all the apps, not sure what else I'm missing.

ambrown

Reaction score
I recently has to force an update to my phone and the instructions I found said to set the clock on your phone forward one month and then recheck for the update.

Go to your settings and then time/clock settings and make sure to disable automatic clock syncing then set your own time. Move the clock forward one month, then try to update again. It may not be the same update issue I was having but it doesn't hurt to try it out to see if it works.

Oh and wiping the cache partition helped me out as well so you can try that too. At any rate it doesn't hurt and it actually sped up my phone a little bit:)

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app