OTA update install failed

c_mack9

Reaction score
rooted, i uninstalled some bloatware but i think i have it all reinstalled again. noting is listed in the market in the my apps section that was bloatware, just 3rd party apps i'm not currently using. anyone know why it wouldnt be installing? anyway i can check the stock apps against what i have installed?

andjarnic

Reaction score
I am at a loss.... I got the phone new from Verizon (called on my previous phone 611 and ordered it). I've not done a thing to it, and the update continues to fail. My guess is the bastards sent me a used rooted phone as if it were new and now I can't even update. How the heck does that side-load thing work? I don't want to wait a few more months for the next update that supposedly might work? This is ridiculous.. I've done the factory reset, rebooted, hard button reset, etc.. nothing works. Continue to fail every time. Any ideas on how to get this stupid update would be appreciated.

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score
i can assure you that you did not get a used, rooted bionic from verizon.

andjarnic

Reaction score
So then they released a buggy OTA update that doesn't update on some phones? What else could cause the update not to work? I've had the phone a bit over a month, brand new from the box and this update isn't working.

rjcapp

Reaction score
U have to run 3Droot option 1.

Then u should be back to stock.

Then u should be able to install the update.

It works for me. Do your homework. I do not wanna be response will for a bricked phone.....

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rjcapp

Reaction score
I lost root after the update and found a work around for root. I went to the above mentioned website http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html and followed -Unbrick Bionic with OneClick Restore “R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root” 10/28/11.......

performed options 1,5, and 7

Built my phone back with titanium backup that I had

rebooted and Verizon pushed me the update a second time or i might have checked for updates and it came in

I downloaded and installed .893 ( it took forever to restart and install but eventually worked.

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
I lost root after the update and found a work around for root. I went to the above mentioned website http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html and followed -Unbrick Bionic with OneClick Restore “R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root” 10/28/11.......

rebooted and Verizon pushed me the update a second time or i might have checked for updates and it came in

I downloaded and installed .893 ( it took forever to restart and install but eventually worked.

did you have the leaked update installed before you used the tool from dhacker? I don't want to reflash my phone for nothing. I have a failure on MTD:boot. That's not a good sign because I can't reflash that!

bilbobaggins

Reaction score
i can assure you that you did not get a used, rooted bionic from verizon.

well, it may not be rooted but that doesn't mean it's a new phone either. Check the kernel and baseband version. That seems to be a critical component. It's what is keeping me from updating.

OP
C

c_mack9

Reaction score

i came across that thread last night and got mine fixed. thats exacly what i was looking for but without knowing what it was called it makes it impossible to search for.

rjcapp

Reaction score
did you have the leaked update installed before you used the tool from dhacker? I don't want to reflash my phone for nothing. I have a failure on MTD:boot. That's not a good sign because I can't reflash that!

No leaked update. I was rooted and lost root after the update.

I did this before the exploit fix came out.