Droid 2 Global update fails. Any help.

meyerkev

Reaction score
Ok, so I got a Droid 2 global for Christmas and rooted. Then I backed up all my bloatware with Titanium and uninstalled all the bloatware. So the new update (2.4.30) shows up and it doesn't install.

But now I can't reinstall the bloatware from the Titanium Backups, and without the bloatware, I can't install the update.

So does someone have copies of the Droid 2 Global bloatware, or a .zip of the update so I can force the update? If not, can someone tell me how to reinstall the bloatware directly from the backups?

Any other ideas as to how to force the update?

/I can provide a list of bloatware if needed

Edit: and I did unroot after the update failed for the first time.

Last edited:

menoarenoniceguy

Reaction score
hopefully someone here can help you get the bloatware you need so you can re-install it and update -- I think that's happened on this forum before and someone was able to help them out. Worse case scenario, now that the sbf is out you could just flash it and get back to stock.

moving forward, since you're using titanium backup you should just freeze the bloatware. It's supereasy because when you need to do an update all you have to do is thaw out all the frozen apps, update and then just re-freeze them. when the app is frozen it doesn't run, you won't see them in your app drawer, it's like they're deleted but technically they're not.

OP
M

meyerkev

Reaction score
hopefully someone here can help you get the bloatware you need so you can re-install it and update -- I think that's happened on this forum before and someone was able to help them out. Worse case scenario, now that the sbf is out you could just flash it and get back to stock.

moving forward, since you're using titanium backup you should just freeze the bloatware. It's supereasy because when you need to do an update all you have to do is thaw out all the frozen apps, update and then just re-freeze them. when the app is frozen it doesn't run, you won't see them in your app drawer, it's like they're deleted but technically they're not.

Theoretically, how much info would I be able to save from my current install? There's not a ton of info on here, but I'd still like to avoid info loss if possible.

/And thanks for the quick reply. Don't suppose you have a guide to flashing the .sbf file? I've done it before on my Droid, but I know things can be different from phone to phone.

Edit: found a link at the bottom of this thread that led me to .apk's. I'll try installing them tonight. Wish me luck.

Last edited:

tebower

Reaction score
Just flash the SBF and start again. Rule #1 for Moto Droids: Don't ever delete the bloat apps, just freeze them so you can defrost them when an update is coming.

mrbuilder

Reaction score
Rule #1 for Moto Droids: Don't ever delete the bloat apps, just freeze them so you can defrost them when an update is coming.

Thanks for the tip!
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

meyerkev

Reaction score
OK did that.

Just flash the SBF and start again. Rule #1 for Moto Droids: Don't ever delete the bloat apps, just freeze them so you can defrost them when an update is coming.

OK, did that. Now how do I reactivate my phone?

OP
M

meyerkev

Reaction score