OT Looking for a new tv but...

Reaction score
i want it to be able to play mp4 from the droid. does anyone if thats possible? if so what tv should i look at?

thanks

edit

i found the samsung c530 series plays mp4 etc.. but it needs to read the card as a mass storage device. would this work with the droid?

Last edited:

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Yeah, I think. But you'd be better off with one of the new terabyte + usb external HDD. They are cheap nowadays.

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks. so you mean just dump everything onto a big usb hard drive that hooks up to the tv? and not even bother hooking up the droid?

thanks

tucripper

Reaction score
I had to replace our TV back in Nov. and bought a Samsung LN52B750 it plays everything lol just mount you SD card and the media center will recognize it as an external drive. I do agree with Desso though the external drives are cheap. I keep a 500gig hooked up to play my music and to watch some old tv shows.

OP
S
Reaction score
I had to replace our TV back in Nov. and bought a Samsung LN52B750 it plays everything lol just mount you SD card and the media center will recognize it as an external drive. I do agree with Desso though the external drives are cheap. I keep a 500gig hooked up to play my music and to watch some old tv shows.

thanks for the info. does the droid hook up to the tv? or you need to take the card out then put it into the tv to read it
thanks