Organizing Contacts

kylo77

Reaction score
I'm looking for a little help or clarity here....the contacts that are stored on my phone...aren't they supposed to be the same as the contacst in my Gmail account? I thought that is where they are downloaded from whenever I flash the ROM.

Ultimately I want to make sure my contacts between my Gmail, phone and Touchdown account (MS Exchange) are sync'd. I've copied the Touchdown contacts to the phone and want to make sure those contacts end up in my Gmail account.

thanks

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
As long as your sync is setup to do that you should be fine. Mine works in the bg so i see new contact inputed on my phone on my gmail account almost instantly

mg8199

Reaction score
A guy at work had this problem with this Droid2. I have the OG Droid so he asked me if I knew what was wrong. I looked it over and everything looked fine but it just wasn't syncing his contacts into his Gmail. He had to take it back to VZW and he said they worked on it for over 2 hrs. From the way he was describing it I think they had to do a factory reset.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a little help or clarity here....the contacts that are stored on my phone...aren't they supposed to be the same as the contacst in my Gmail account?
Depends. Phone contacts do not sync with your Google account. Google contacts do.

KingJaffeJo226

Reaction score
I think that you need to just make sure they are all set to sync and when they sync with each other the one that's in your phone, but not in "that" account at the time will be input there when synchronization run.

My problem is that my contacts that are manually input into my phone are shot out to all of my phone groups. Any solutions?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums