OrbLive - Slow and Low Quality Streaming

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Over wifi, i tried out the Orblive app... and i was very disappointed. the streaming is so slow, and quality is horrid... anybody else have had better luck with OrbLive?

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
bump... curious other people's thoughts on OrbLive/OrbMedia etc?

Big Lou

Reaction score
I've actually had great luck with OrbLive. I think people expect extremely good quality video... but I'm just happy that I can read the scrolling marquee at the bottom of sportscenter!

This is a really cool app, I'm tempted to buy the full version.

jimnutt

Reaction score
I've found that the web app works considerably better than OrbLive. My expectations weren't unreasonable, I just expected at least as high a quality video from OrbLive as I get from the web page and it's just not there. Streaming from the web site gives full screen video with reasonable quality. From OrbLive, it's horrible quality and looks to be about HVGA resolution.

gentlefury

Reaction score
Over wifi, i tried out the Orblive app... and i was very disappointed. the streaming is so slow, and quality is horrid... anybody else have had better luck with OrbLive?

How did you even get it to play anything at all??? When I first installed it I was able to get it to play an mp3 at really horrible quality once...then nothing. Can't play any media. Sad thing is, I had Ord on a WinMo phone 5-6 years ago that worked brilliantly!!