Internet radio streaming app?

bodean

Reaction score
My buddy showed me an app on his iphone yesterday called OOTunes. I was very impressed with the selection of radio stations (both AM and FM) and the sound quality. I did notice that it is not available for android though. Any recommendations on a good radio streaming app? I am looking for something that streams mainly US FM/AM radio stations so I can listen to my home radio programs when on road.

Tsip85

Reaction score
Try TuneIn. It has a good number of stations. I Heart Radio is pretty good, also, but not quiet as many stations. I also tried Fly Cast for a while, but I'm not a big fan. Of the three, Tune In has been my favorite so far. Oh, and all are free.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I use IHeartRadio for ClearChannel stations and CherryRPlayer for others.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
RadioTime is my personal favorite.

OP
B

bodean

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions? Surprised to see the low # of downloads of iheartradio according to the market.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions? Surprised to see the low # of downloads of iheartradio according to the market.

There was a time when iHeartRadio was buggy as hell -- it turned a lot of people, including myself, off of it. Especially with the other apps, you get ClearChannel stations and more.

baaldemon

Reaction score
IHeartRadio is still as buggy and crappy as ever... but I still use it to listen to my morning show. I can't believe its as bad as it is.... radio streaming over the internet isn't hard to get right.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
iHeartRadio - Never tried it so I have no opinion.

Xiia - Amazing in every way. Sometimes it drops for a few seconds when driving, but otherwise it is solid. You can browse tons of ShoutCast radio stations, or even find your own MP3, ACC, and so on radios online and manually add them in. The graphics are nice too :)

RadioTime - I bought it an it sucks. They only updated it once since I paid for it and it was just to make the graphics look right on the Droid. It works well, but it drops out all the time and when your listening to podcasts too and it drops, you have to start from the beginning again.

Roland Stone

Reaction score
I'm happy to report that RADIO RIP was updated this morning (10/28) and it now has a TIMER/SCHEDULER!

Why is this a big deal? Because this essentially lets your Droid act as a Tivo for Radio. For example, there's a jazz show called "Bird Flight" that comes on WCKR, the Columbia University radio station every weekday morning at 5:20 am - 7:00 am in my time zone. I'm usually asleep at that time, but now I can set RADIO RIP to record "Bird Flight" while I sleep and then I can listen to it later in the day at my convenience.

RADIO RIP lets you do that for four different shows. So I can also automatically record my favorite talk/political show too. (Well maybe. That show runs from 6 am - 9am and I'm not sure how Radio Rip handles simultaneous shows, but I'll test and report back.)

Being hypercritical as I am, I still have a nitpick with the scheduler. It doesn't yet allow for repeated events, so I'll have to reset it every night.
But maybe in the next update, Spartacus Rex, the developer, can add a function to repeat the recording on specified weekdays. And maybe even add a wake-up alarm too.

But for now, even without repeated events and alarms, this app stands unique in the Android market. Check it out!