OpenCore, Stagefright and .WAV Files?

CageU

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am just curious if the change from OpenCore to Stagefright in the 2.2 update could be the cause for .WAV files not playing upon upgrading from a 2.1 to a 2.2 ROM. My own experience with Sapphire would seem to indicate that this is the case. When initially flashing Sapphire I chose the stagefright option and was not able to play .WAV files. However, upon re-flashing Sapphire without stagefright I am now able to play my .WAV files just fine.

My question is, is there any way to extract the codecs or whatever it may be that allows .WAV files to play in OpenCore and embed those into Stagefright in some way to add that lost functionality back into 2.2?

Any input on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

OSX2000

Reaction score
Stagefright is just not ready for prime-time....all it does is break things. WAVs, AACs, MP4s, & streams. Everything works again when Stagefright's turned off.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way of checking to see if Stagefright is turned on or off??? Both my husband and I are unable to view most youtube videos and I am wondering if this is the cause.

in build.prop, look for media.stagefright.enable-player. if it's "true" it's enabled, if "false" then it is not.

brochaos

Reaction score
disabling stagefright does break the youtube stuff. the app should still work fine i believe.

Invader DJ

Reaction score
Does the patch from Google fix the other stagefright issues besides streaming AAC+?

I'm looking forward to the next Sapphire release since it has the patch and stagefright enabled so m.youtube.com will work again. I don't have any .wav files but it would be nice to know that those files will play right.

OP
C

CageU

Reaction score
Yeah, I hope the FRG22D version of Stagefright fixes all these issues. The company I work for has more than a dozen droids running around and we have been getting alot of complaints about not being able to listen to their voicemails. Not such a big deal for me since I am rooted and using Sapphire but they are up a creek unless they want to buy RemoteWave.

On that note, I bet business has been booming for the devs of RemoteWave since Google broke the .WAV support with Stagefright. LOL!

kevdog

Reaction score
What we need is a way to quickly switch between stagefright and opencore. I'm speculating with this one, however I bet this could be done without a reboot, and would require the loading and unloading of certain modules similar to a linux build. This of course is speculation. Maybe someone else could chime in on this one, however I'm betting something similar to a modprobe, or insmod statement would do this. This could possibly implemented through a script or other such method.