Open Garden on Droid X2

tkuligowski

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten Open Garden to work on your X2? Ive kind of been on the fence lately about rooting, but I read that it doesn't use ADHOC so a Ps3 could pick up the the network if it works. If this is true it would definitely be enough for me to decide to root.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
From what I've read, you can root and somehow have a free hotspot. (wifi itself) So you could I guess connect anything to it. Laptop, ipods, ps3's, xbox360. I'd say look more into it in the XDA forums. They should know. Google it too maybe. Hope this helps.

sent from my Droid Charge/SCH-I510

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for the x2...you on gingerbread correct?
you'll need to use radio com i believe... or maybe they made a patch... i'm not sure on it... but then after you do that....
then you got free tether and i believe google's wireless tether does ad-hoc and... what ever the other network is called... i can't remember what it's called though

illkasta

Reaction score
easy tether 1.1.1

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
T

tkuligowski

Reaction score
Do all of these tether apps use ad-hoc though? The reason I was asking about open garden is cause I thought it did WAP which would allow a PS3 to connect.

elliot2112

Reaction score
From what I've read, you can root and somehow have a free hotspot. (wifi itself) So you could I guess connect anything to it. Laptop, ipods, ps3's, xbox360. I'd say look more into it in the XDA forums. They should know. Google it too maybe. Hope this helps.

sent from my Droid Charge/SCH-I510[/QUOTE
xbox live would be limited with this type of connection.

OP
T

tkuligowski

Reaction score
I did the radiocomm hack. I was really nervous about it but it went smoothly. This is awesome. I dont have to download any 3rd party tethering apps anymore. The verizon one works flawlessly and has infrastructure network so my PS3 works with it!