being upgraded to an x2. ?s and will i like it

jeff5347

Reaction score
Ok so i have a Dx and have done all the rooting and romming and such. Well tonight i dropped the Dx and the touvh screen doesnt work. Call verizon and they dont have any in stock so they are sending out an X2. What im wondering is will my apps (go launcher, Lite flow, green power ect) work on an X2. Will all my stuff on the SD card be read by the x2 or will it all look like jibberish. Also wondering if the x2 is better given it has a dual core proc. and better pixels and such.

Last thing. Im a root and rom addict. Does the x2 run the same platforms as the x meaning .605, .621 GB or is it a whole nother arena and if so am i able to root and rom this thing.

Any good or bad thoughts on the x2 and what you can and cant do and hate about it are welcome. Looking to see what i got myself into.

Thanks, Jeff

skennelly

Reaction score
The DX and DX2 are virtually the same phone aside from the pentile screen and dual core. Everything will work with both phones.

*Sent from my Galaxy to yours through tapatalk

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
Will i have the .621 GB when it comes. What i mean are the flashes the same as the x or is it different number, kernals, radios an such

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I have the x and the x2 and both are still in service... they're practically the same.. a lot of people report issues with the x2... rebooting on its own..

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Different system versions, different kernel
Most likely come with 2.3.5/1.3.418
Which is not directly rootable, if you want to root, you have to flash 2.3.4/1.3.380 sbf

edit: really only two stable rom choices eclipse and cm7
cm9 is still alpha, but pretty good

xda's X2 forum is more active

Last edited:

seawolfx13

Reaction score
I've had the x2 for over a year now. O haven't had any serious problems with it. I'm rooted with cm7, I used stock x2 up till 2 months ago when I got new phone Jones

OP
J

jeff5347

Reaction score
I was looking up a couple posts on rooting the phone. 1. Would it be better being on a rooted 2.3.4 or 2.3.5. Also i found this post [How to] Root 2.3.5/1.3.418 anf this video... [video=youtube;tE6gDhUmqKQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE6gDhUmqKQ[/video] . Are these good ways on rooting the x2. Also i was looking up roms. I see themib said eclipse and cm7 are the only stable roms.
Are any of these roms any good..?

Gingerbread 2.3.4

Gingerbread

Gingerbread 2.3.6

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
most of those roms you need to be on 2.3.4 stock
eclipse 2.2.1 you need to be on 2.3.5/1.3.418
most of those roms haven't been updated in while,
and some are incomplete, because the dev moved on to a different phone

snowboardpunk

Reaction score
Hey guys, Im kind of in the same situation as the OP, so I was wondering out of the two roms which do you suggest?

Jason.DROID

Reaction score
I like Eclipse as well, but I had one major issue with it: bootlooping after clearing the Dalvik-cache (I mess with the optimize/verify settings a lot). So, I went back to stock rooted, ZipAligned all of my apps, and did some SQLite database cleaning (the scripts are part of V6 Supercharger, which make that easy). I've also modified my touchpad.cfg to accept 10 touches, though 5 is the usable maximum. I also did a few modifications to increase accuracy and sensitivity, which I'm still testing.

(DO NOT edit the touchpad.cfg with ES File Explorer as it converts the file to another text type and will render the touchscreen unresponsive; I don't know how many times I had to manually push a backup of touchpad.cfg to the phone via the ADB shell; instead, use Jota Text Editor and copy it with ES File Explorer [or by using shell commands]).