Only getting 3G in a usually 4G location

justinandkris

Reaction score
As the topic reads, cant seem ti get 4g at my house anymore. Any reason as to why?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

jkliving92

Reaction score
Maybe an outage? I've noticed I have to be in a very heavy 4G area before i get any but when I leave a 4G area I retain 4G until I get completely out of coverage. And just curious, what system are you running?

OP
J

justinandkris

Reaction score
Also my wifi tether app isnt working any more :( now when i hot mobile hotspot it takes me to the cannot process screen like it used to ... sigh

OP
J

justinandkris

Reaction score
Bionic, 4ever rooted, updated to. 839 or 893 something with a 3 lol

jkliving92

Reaction score
Hm. I'd check my mobile hot spot hack. If you experience frequent data issues I'd recommend updating to 901. Everyone's reporting much stronger connection and battery life.

OP
J

justinandkris

Reaction score
could you link me the tether hack and .901 update? It is saying there are no updates when i check for them via phone, thanks!

jkliving92

Reaction score
could you link me the tether hack and .901 update? It is saying there are no updates when i check for them via phone, thanks!

Here you go.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=191468

Download the pathsaver zip and extract. The update is in there. Just flash in stock recovery. And for the hot spot hack you need root explorer and sqlite. Navigate to root explorer go to data\data\com.Motorola.providers.settings\databases\settings. Then hit menu button\set filter and type "entitle" and save. Should have only two entries, the first having a 1 in its respective field. Long press the 1\edit field and set it to 0. Now reboot and you're done.

Edit: fixed the link.

Last edited: