Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

dangerous

Reaction score
hook - The HDMI out only applies to user generated content on the phone and not what you buy/download to the phone. So even if you DL the movie it would not play via the HDMI.

If you take your DVD and create a DIVX file from it it will not play via HDMI, ect.

are you sure??? Cause that is now F'd... a DVD converted to DIVX IS User Generated.....

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
hook - The HDMI out only applies to user generated content on the phone and not what you buy/download to the phone. So even if you DL the movie it would not play via the HDMI.

If you take your DVD and create a DIVX file from it it will not play via HDMI, ect.

are you sure??? Cause that is now F'd... a DVD converted to DIVX IS User Generated.....

I betcha you can play your own videos from your SD-Card. No promises, but I bet that it's doable. That would be insanely stupid for them to block.

dangerous

Reaction score

I betcha you can play your own videos from your SD-Card. No promises, but I bet that it's doable. That would be insanely stupid for them to block.

We will all know the answer in a few weeks... :icon_ banana:

J

Johnly

OK, it seems people think that there are phones out with HDMI outs that act like a popcorn media center. From what I have been reading (not very much, chime in and enlighten me anytime) Anything out right now does the same. What's the problem, if we never had the ability to rip hulu from our devices? What devices do? Jeez mang, it is just the way it is right now across the tech platform. I am sure the droid X will get hacked, someone will become a god, and we will be the first to rip stuff off the web to our TV's from our phones!

Enlighten me, what phone pout there is doing this dashing your hopes? I know it ain't the iPhone :)

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
OK, it seems people think that there are phones out with HDMI outs that act like a popcorn media center. From what I have been reading (not very much, chime in and enlighten me anytime) Anything out right now does the same. What's the problem, if we never had the ability to rip hulu from our devices? What devices do? Jeez mang, it is just the way it is right now across the tech platform. I am sure the droid X will get hacked, someone will become a god, and we will be the first to rip stuff off the web to our TV's from our phones!

Enlighten me, what phone pout there is doing this dashing your hopes? I know it ain't the iPhone :)

Well, word is (and correct me if I'm wrong since there's a LOT of misinformation going around) that while YouTube is something that the Evo will output, the Droid X will not output it. Who knows what else there is. I think that's where people are saying the Droid X is more restrictive than others.

J

Johnly

Well, word is (and correct me if I'm wrong since there's a LOT of misinformation going around) that while YouTube is something that the Evo will output, the Droid X will not output it. Who knows what else there is. I think that's where people are saying the Droid X is more restrictive than others.
Is there an article that confirms this? A video? Is it an app? I agree, the misinformation is abound.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

Is there an article that confirms this? A video? Is it an app? I agree, the misinformation is abound.

Just a quick googling....

Evo w/Youtube over HDMI
Droid X w/o Youtube over HDMI

J

Johnly

Just a quick googling....

Evo w/Youtube over HDMI
Droid X w/o Youtube over HDMI
You know, from those articles you posted, it seems the EVO is the most restrictive....here is a direct quote from the EVO article
We were a bit disappointed in the lack of control the Evo gives in terms of HDMI-out playback. In fact, there are absolutely no settings associated with the connection. Other than videos stored on the external MicroSD card and YouTube, the phone can't play anything else through the port--this also includes third party software like Slingbox Player Mobile. Oddly enough, the Evo can't display individual photos either; they must be arranged together in a slideshow for them to show up correctly.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
You know, from those articles you posted, it seems the EVO is the most restrictive....here is a direct quote from the EVO article
We were a bit disappointed in the lack of control the Evo gives in terms of HDMI-out playback. In fact, there are absolutely no settings associated with the connection. Other than videos stored on the external MicroSD card and YouTube, the phone can't play anything else through the port--this also includes third party software like Slingbox Player Mobile. Oddly enough, the Evo can't display individual photos either; they must be arranged together in a slideshow for them to show up correctly.

"But at least it can play Youtube!"
- Groupthink

;-)

J

Johnly

"But at least it can play Youtube!"
- Groupthink

;-)
Yeah, but according to the article you posted, the you tube app/hdmi on the evo is junk...here is a quote
We were also a bit disappointed with the HDMI-out performance of the Evo's high quality YouTube player. Not one high quality video we tested was able to fill up the entire screen
I would rather be able to post pics of my family with the X "on the fly" than a gunky you tube app that doesn't work:icon_ banana:Maybe that evo can rock a CRT tv....only if they had HDMI in's....X wins IMO because of the omap capabilities, and I hear the EVO is crippled to 30 fps because of the "famous" snapdragon? What do you think?