One of the biggest selling points for me GONE... HDMI out

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Xpain, Jun 28, 2010.

1. sphen22

sphen22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah was definetely looking forward to yongz emulators with a wii mote on my tv.... not very happy especially as I don't want to root if that is the only way to get around it.

2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    How big a SD card has this thing got again? Reason I ask is I have two TiVo's at home and a one hour high definition show usually 5-7 gb long. So a movie would run probably at least 15 gb in 720p HD.

If you got the space I guess it won't be a problem, but if anyone is seriously thinking that you can stream one of these movies in from Netflix or Amazon, I think you better think again. You probably will have to download the movie and then play it. That's with a work around.

And if you're going to end up using a computer anyway why not just download the darn thing right into the computer and not bother with the Droid?

3. soulpatch

soulpatch Active Member

Ratings:
    +30
    hook - The HDMI out only applies to user generated content on the phone and not what you buy/download to the phone. So even if you DL the movie it would not play via the HDMI.

If you take your DVD and create a DIVX file from it it will not play via HDMI, ect.

4. hendrix

hendrix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are streaming, size doesn't matter since you wouldn't have the whole video on your phone at one time. That being said, it comes with 24gigs of storage and HD videos from the net tend to be around 4gig for 2 hours of 720p.

5. sphen22

sphen22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I still wont be impressed until they offer a package where the graft the x into your forearm and it runs of the electricity in your body.

6. Xpain

Xpain Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What are you talking about? These movies won't be anywhere near 15GB... lmao
    And if I'm home, it's not a problem, I have a Blu-ray player, XBox360, desktop PC X 2, laptop... so I wouldn't use my phone too often for that, but because of work, I have to be away from home quite often, and entertainment in my pocket would be priceless (can't take / use my 19" laptop everywhere). I guess everyone's scenario will be different, this HDMI issue won't be a problem for you and many others, while it will be a problem for me and many others as well.

7. coondogg97

coondogg97 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ripping a Standard DVD is between 5GB-7GB, Blu-Ray is between 50GB-70GB.

8. hendrix

hendrix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And when you compress it to H.264 it becomes 600mb - 700mb for a DVD and if you down convert a blu-ray to 720p you can get it to 3.7gb - 4.3gb.

That being said, i would put $5 on the reason for this is because the droid x (probably) won't do hdcp.

9. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    We are getting off topic, but this is correct. And I know exactly what I'm talking about. I have a list of how big each recording is on my TiVo. And a 2 hour movie would be between 12-16 gb in 720p.

10. hendrix

hendrix Member

Ratings:
    +0
    12-16gb in mpeg2 (POSSIBLY mpeg4 but at those sizes, doubt it). You can use a more efficient compression algorithm (that the droid can handle) and lower bit rate to get it MUCH lower than that.

11. doctagadget

doctagadget New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The bootloader is probably be signed like all the motorola phones except the droid. The rooting the droid x might take many months.,

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

12. diebold

diebold New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh come on guys, that's to scare people into behaving (and so that motorola and verizon can't be held liable for the end users breaking copyright).

nothing to see here, move along. :)

Search tags for this page

hdmi selling points

htc one netflix hdmi

netflix on evo downconverts hd movie to sd