One more droid user

Insane Pain

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my Droid is on its way. I should have it Tuesday. I like to have fun, so my question is simple. What are some of the coolest, most fun apps I can get. Free ones are the best, but please feel free to suggest any of them that I may have to pay for.

Thanks in advance.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. One of my favorite games is Home Run Battle 3D. You may just want to head over to the apps section of the forum for other suggestions. Maybe do a little searching around there. When you get your Droid you will find all the apps in the market.

jaw4bama

Reaction score
First of all welcome to the forum! My favorite app is beautiful widgets but it is a paid app but by far the best. It is a app that displays the time and weather and is the #1 paid app in the market. Robot defense is also a great one and is available free and also as a paid app. Another thing you may want to look into is rooting your Droid. Rooting is fun to do and there are several reasons why rooting is great. You can overclock it to make it faster and you can WiFi tether your Droid also! There are several "how to" threads on rooting if you are intrested in it.

Last edited:
OP
I

Insane Pain

Reaction score
Ok I have my phone, I am totally lost. I seem to be able to navigate the basics, but I have no clue where to find games or anything really fun to do. How do I down load things to this phone? I heard you could hold this phone up to a song playing & it would tell you what the song was & who sings it, plus give you the option to download it to your phone. Heck if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks for any help in advance, guess Im a loser LOL!!

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok I have my phone, I am totally lost. I seem to be able to navigate the basics, but I have no clue where to find games or anything really fun to do. How do I down load things to this phone? I heard you could hold this phone up to a song playing & it would tell you what the song was & who sings it, plus give you the option to download it to your phone. Heck if I can figure out how to do it.

Thanks for any help in advance, guess Im a loser LOL!!

No, not a loser, at least not this early. :D That's why I put that link in my howdy, brother post #4 above. People went in and not only listed their apps on that thread, but many people explained what each one is for and explained which ones they just can't live without. They are all downloadable from the Market icon on your Droid. Just click on the Market icon and it's playtime! I'd look through that thread first and kind of figure out what you want to do with the phone and then download away. Most apps are free, but for the ones that aren't, you have 24 hours (soon to be increased to 48 hours) to return if you don't like them and get your money back. Stay away from any virus software as Droids don't get viruses and the software really slows the device down. There's also a big debate around here as to whether you need need Advaced Task Killer or not. I downloaded Advanced Task Killer and use it maybe once a day, but many don't have one at all. The theory is that they don't play well with other apps very well. You will need a good file manager like Astro or Linda. And so much more...

And here's the full users guide from Motorola. MUCH better than that teeny thing they send with the Droid.

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/DROID-by-Motorola/US-EN/Documents/Static-Files/DROID_UG_Verizon_68000202474a.pdf

Hope this helps you wile away the hours. You're not going to sleep for days, you know! Have fun!

Last edited: