1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

one gmail contact wont sync

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by topguy, Dec 27, 2009.

1. topguy

topguy New Member

i just noticed it but it seems that one contact from my gmail will not sync to my motorola droid.

heres what i have tried and results:

1. add contact manually in phone - saved but contact is invisible in the contact menu

2. change name and add - same result as above

3. check gmail - had duplicate "Pat"s in gmail contacts from when i added them in my phone manually plus the real pat that seems to have never synced/is invisible in phone.

4. export list to sd card and re-import - contacts list does not change. suggests that the real "Pat" is not in my contacts list at all

so my end result is i have 84 contacts in gmail, with 83 in my phone and my phone missing my friend "Pat" any help please :)

EDIT: seconds after posting i figured it out. i have another contact named "Patty" who had two mobile numbers including Pat's so the phone basically merged them for no reason.

solution: added "Pat" under the name "George" and then edited him to "Pat" and BAM i have a "Pat" and a "Patty" *whew*
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
Search tags for this page

contact pandathome.com

mail pandathome com loc:us

mail pandathome.com