Thunderbolt/gmail sync

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Droid65, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Droid65

Droid65 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    New to Droid from windows phone, 1000% improvement :)

I set up a new gmail acct and want to use gmail/google contacts as my main contact list.
    I'm assuming I should be able to enter info into gmail/google contacts and have it sync with my people contact list on the Thunderbolt and vice versa but I can't seem to get it to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Droid65

Droid65 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That was easy

After getting no help from the local Verizon store I searched/hacked around on the phone and found that when you look under menu/settings/accounts&sync you can select which accts sync.
    Well they were all checked so I asssumed there was a problem. Later I found that I could click on Google, which was checked to sync and it pulls up 3 sync options: contacts,gmail and calendar. Apparently default is gmail and calendar, contacts was not checked.
    Once I checked contacts, the gmail contact list will transfer to phone contacts. If you want contacts from the phone to sync with gmail/google contacts, When entering contact info on the phone you need to select Google as the contact type.

There may be other/better ways to achieve the same results but this works pretty seamlessly.

Search tags for this page
how do i get my contacts onto my new thunderbolt phone
how to sync my thunderbolt htc contacts with gmail
how to transfer contacts into htc thunderbolt phone
import contacts from gmail on my htc thunderbolt
sync gmail with thunderbolt

thunderbolt 316@gmail.com

thunderbolt will not syn with gmail
transfer thunderbolt contacts to my gmail contacts
why can't i get my thunderbolt to sync with my gmail?

why can't i sync my contacts to my thunderbolt