One button rooting...

allenw88

Reaction score
A friend of mine downloaded that one touch rooting app from the market. He did it step by step as it says and now when his phone boots up it force closes calendar, market and all. Does it just need a higher kernal or what? It also wont let him log into his google acct. either

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have your friend come to the forum. I would honestly suggest rooting it himself. But we can fix it by having him go into recovery and installing thr rom/ or new froyo and wiping data and cache.

OP
A

allenw88

Reaction score
Ok.....he just tried it (the one button push to root app) and that is what happened. Mine is rooted (the real way) and I can try to get it into recovery mode......if not I will send him here to do step by step...hopefully

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
It's nice that this 'one step' root app came out, but I would always prefer to do it the old fashioned way. And funny that it's out right after the new DMUpdater app that was leaked got broken up. I smell something odd.

But no matter, it will soon be obsolete since the official FRG01B for the A855 is rolling out this week(?).