Galaxy S5 in Bootloop After Unrooting

Maddy30

Reaction score
Hi All,
The problem is the following, I told my friend not to unroot since he doesn´t really understand the rooting process. He had someone else root his phone for him. He tried to do it on his own anyway and now he is stuck in a boot loop after unrooting. Does this mean he bricked his phone or does he has to factory reset in recovery and try again? Thanks in advance for your answers.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Try a factory reset. If that doesn't work we will need more information

Samsung Note 7.5
I'm guessing they deleted an apk the system is checking for and the MD5 checksum is failing.

Your friend will need to reflash the original image, I don't think resetting will do anything.

OP
Maddy30

Maddy30

Reaction score
I'm guessing they deleted an apk the system is checking for and the MD5 checksum is failing.

Your friend will need to reflash the original image, I don't think resetting will do anything.
Thanks for your answer, I will keep you posted.

OP
Maddy30

Maddy30

Reaction score

Hi,
I know I'm going off-topic, but you've been a lot of help. What do you think is the problem when you're trying to unlock a phone with a dead display to try and get data off, but when you use OTG, the mouse cursor doesn't appear? I know you obviously have to check if your phone is compatible and if it is and still nothing, what do you think could be the reason as to why the cursor won't appear? Thanks in advance for your help.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Updates the drivers? I've never used a mouse like that.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk