Old member returning after several years

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I could go into the message and check... I'm on marshmallow now that came with my new phone.. I'll check now

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I could go into the message and check... I'm on marshmallow now that came with my new phone.. I'll check now

My guess is that it's a new security patch and minor system version update.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You're right it says enhancements and a security update..I guess I can just do it, right?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You're right it says enhancements and a security update..I guess I can just do it, right?

Yep, should not hurt anything. Those are normally pretty minor updates...not like a while new OS update will be when 7.0 Nougat is released.

The good news is that it's nice to see Moto & Verizon continuing to push out security patches and system updates for their Droid phones.

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Yes it is good...I guess I'll plug in and out on WiFi and it takes 20 minutes at least..ttyl and I'll let you know! Thanks for the reassurance

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hi bkdodger... Welcome! I notice you're in Staten island..I am a Bronx girl myself! Now in CT.

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Don't know if you'd want to be in Hawaii today. One hurricane just passed the big island and another may be heading there soon. Even her in CT, we're watching to see if we have to cancel our Labor Day cookouts

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
@sajokaz... I'm back.. Don't notice any difference after the update! Guess that's a good thing

Yep, I would agree. Verizon normally posts the Release Notes for these on their website shortly after they are released and that may have a list of anything that changed...or it's just security patches.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@redbert31i appreciate the prayers and thoughts. The creek came up in the yard but didn't touch anything luckily. I moved everything away that I could. Will be headed back down to help my dad get everything back out and in most order. We ended up with almost 6.5" of rain. A new generator may come in handy this winter if y'all get a lot of snow again this year. If you have any ice those trees being taken down will be well worth it. My parents at the coast luckily didn't receive much damage other than downed limbs and some missing shingles. The security patches are always worth accepting. Wish I could get one a month for my T2. I haven't had one in a couple months now. I hope you don't have to cancel the cookouts though.

T2 Tappin'

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad that you and your parents were OK after the hurricane passed and that the creek didn't come up so high as to make trouble. 6.5 inches of rain is a scary amount of rain, though. My son in laws parents in Florida (Clearwater) had over 20 inches of rain, but thankfully, they didn't have any damage either. The storm is heading our way now and will move slowly thru our area.. It may wobble around the southern new England area for almost 3 days and it sounds as though there will be a lot of beach erosion from New Jersey thru Cape Cod in Massachusetts. All new York beaches are closed already and have severe rip tide warnings. I'm hoping that it all passes my area before I return to work on Thursday. I've already brought all loose items and my grill in to the garage or shed and drained the hoses and brought them in too. Nothing to do now except to bring in the 3 large potted plants inside Sunday morning and pray that everything goes well. I'll let you know how it goes! One day at a time! I love listening to the weather reports though.. It's kinda exciting now that you've gone thru the worst and it looks like just a lot of rain for us. We're not expecting anything we can't handle, but I'll let you know.. Continue to be careful and stay dry.. Goodnight for now!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
@252chevyboyz... Finished stowing away everything including the big potted plants! Time for a photo op pre storm on the deck with the boys. Hope everything went well down at your parents home and that the rain is over for you and them!
085dd34b216f24cdf21d37ecbb3dad4f.jpg
ea03da7d19e2173bddc41099448b7cf8.jpg

Reactions: CJM
OP
redbert31

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It looks like we probably won't have any rain from the tropical storm, just a little wind.. I'll probably pull everything out of the shed tomorrow afternoon and go back to "summer mode" for a few more weeks in CT. The pups are happy, they don't like the rain much anyway... They turn into wet mops in just a few minutes of showers outside.. They're waiting for snow, which they like much better!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk