New Member/Soon to be Droid Owner

Gunny Rob

Reaction score

Hello all, New member here. The wife and I are going to get Moto Droids this weekend and I have a few question to ask. I have looked through the PDF owner's manual briefly online. Our current phones are Moto Q's from Alltel, Windows 5 based. I have read the first thing you do is set up a Google e-mail account. I will do that tomorrow. Here are my questions:

1. Can the customer service/sales reps at the Verizon store transfer all our current numbers/contacts stored on current phones to the new Moto Droids? (Windows based Q was done by Windows mobile device center) Some of my co-workers who own droids told me that the contacts are updated through your google account thereafter. Does it update them to Outlook also?

2. Which screen protector should I go with for the Moto Droid? I have looked at several and don't know which one works the best as far as glare, screen sensitivity, and durability. I decided on the Sedio Innocase surface and holster for cases and expect them Friday.

3. Can I use my existing Moto Q home and car chargers with the Moto Droid? Q's are mini USB, not sure of the MA voltage.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, comments, tips and information.

Last edited:
OP
Gunny Rob

Gunny Rob

Reaction score
Hello all, picked up Moto Droid over the weekend and so far it has performed beautifully. I have figured out quite a bit on my own.

Main concern: I used the turn by turn Nav for the first time yesterday and after only 30 minutes of using it in the Seidio windshield/dash mount the Droid seemed very hot. Is this normal?

When I press the search key on thephone itself, it always shows facebook even after clearing all search, history, and caches. Am I missing any steps as far as cleanup goes?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.dancedroid

mgrover1

Reaction score
Hello all, picked up Moto Droid over the weekend and so far it has performed beautifully. I have figured out quite a bit on my own.

Main concern: I used the turn by turn Nav for the first time yesterday and after only 30 minutes of using it in the Seidio windshield/dash mount the Droid seemed very hot. Is this normal?

When I press the search key on thephone itself, it always shows facebook even after clearing all search, history, and caches. Am I missing any steps as far as cleanup goes?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.dancedroid

when in the search area click the menu and then click search settings then click clear shortcuts

mgrover1

Reaction score
Hello all, New member here. The wife and I are going to get Moto Droids this weekend and I have a few question to ask. I have looked through the PDF owner's manual briefly online. Our current phones are Moto Q's from Alltel, Windows 5 based. I have read the first thing you do is set up a Google e-mail account. I will do that tomorrow. Here are my questions:

1. Can the customer service/sales reps at the Verizon store transfer all our current numbers/contacts stored on current phones to the new Moto Droids? (Windows based Q was done by Windows mobile device center) Some of my co-workers who own droids told me that the contacts are updated through your google account thereafter. Does it update them to Outlook also?

2. Which screen protector should I go with for the Moto Droid? I have looked at several and don't know which one works the best as far as glare, screen sensitivity, and durability. I decided on the Sedio Innocase surface and holster for cases and expect them Friday.

3. Can I use my existing Moto Q home and car chargers with the Moto Droid? Q's are mini USB, not sure of the MA voltage.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, comments, tips and information.

1. i am pretty sure they can. Verizon has windows phones as well as android phones so they should be able to.

2. i use the screen protector from Verizon and i am happy with it. they are probably more expensive than others but you get 3 of them do you have extras.

3. they use different usb cords

Last edited:
OP
Gunny Rob

Gunny Rob

Reaction score
How to clear market search history

Hello all and thanks for you help learning about the droid. I am quickly learning the ins and outsof my new phone. I haven't figured out how to clear the search history in the market. I have went to several menus but none seem to work. I have a mile long list in my market search.

SupAll

Reaction score
Hello all and thanks for you help learning about the droid. I am quickly learning the ins and outsof my new phone. I haven't figured out how to clear the search history in the market. I have went to several menus but none seem to work. I have a mile long list in my market search.

Press Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications

And then look for the Market. Tap that and then click on Clear Data. This, unfortunately, means you have to wait for the Market to reload the lists on the Market (so you can swift through the market a little more rapidly) as well. Clearing Cache may also do the same. I am unsure.