Old Maps apk

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
I'm looking for an old maps apk that still has a separate navigation volume. I made the mistake of upgrading to the latest version, however when I found this version does away with option, uninstalling the update only goes back one version and it is also without option.

I am mainly looking to do this so I can stream music while driving and using navigation and not hear the direction prompts. Any other ideas are also welcome.

Thanks,

dfcfu342

Reaction score
You can just turn off spoken directions in the settings. Its a lot easier then trying to backtrack through old apk's and being constantly pushed to update.

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
Where is that in settings? Or how are you getting into settings to find it? That is exactly what I'm looking for.

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Once you start the navigation press menu and when it comes up one of the options should be turn of voice in navigation.

OP
M

MonkeyTime

Reaction score
The only options I have are cache settings and labs. I've looked thru both o f them and there's no place to change the spoken directions settings. There used to be :(

kaylesworth

Reaction score
The only options I have are cache settings and labs. I've looked thru both o f them and there's no place to change the spoken directions settings. There used to be :(

Go into Navigation. Select any destination, I used one of my contacts. Once it calculates the route, hit menu and then "turn off voice" will be shown. Select "turn off voice" and it will be shut off for navigation until you turn it back on.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2