Old Blackberry to droid

borregolinda

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Maxx
I'm new and I did do a search but couldn't find the answer to these questions! Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse!

I just got my Droid Friday and so far I like. I switched from a BB Curve. I'm trying to get my contacts and calender into the Droid. I have a iMac. I had my BB blacked up and was able to mount the Droid and transfer the contacts but they came over weird! Every phone number is "home". I've been going through and trying to change the cell ones to "cell" but there are 177 of them! And, my calender doesn't appear anywhere that I can find in the Droid, even though I dropped it in there as well from iCal.

Hope someone can help! I don't want to have to do it all 1 by 1!

Thanks

Linda:droideris:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
What did you use to transfer the contacts?

Dandroid247

Reaction score
well one option which is what I did would be to re-activate your BB assuming you still have it and dl google sync. Also turn on syncing in iCal to sync that with your google calendar. Once everything syncs up you should be able to re-activate your Droid and be good to go once it syncs with your google account.

Granted my calendars have never synced right but most of my contacts have always came through correctly. Another way to do it that I just thought of would be to sync the Addy Book on your Mac with your Google account, I forgot you can do that easier now. If your BB has been backed up on your Mac then syncing that info with google shouldn't be too difficult at all.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm new and I did do a search but couldn't find the answer to these questions! Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse!

I just got my Droid Friday and so far I like. I switched from a BB Curve. I'm trying to get my contacts and calender into the Droid. I have a iMac. I had my BB blacked up and was able to mount the Droid and transfer the contacts but they came over weird! Every phone number is "home". I've been going through and trying to change the cell ones to "cell" but there are 177 of them! And, my calender doesn't appear anywhere that I can find in the Droid, even though I dropped it in there as well from iCal.

Hope someone can help! I don't want to have to do it all 1 by 1!

Thanks

Linda:droideris:

I think I can help you with the calendar. Google will sync your ical. Go to this link: Sync with iCal or Sunbird - Google Calendar Help

spacehopper51

Reaction score
The way I did it was to use the BlackBerry Desktop Manager to sync my contacts on my BB with Address Book (using one of the options, which I can't totally remember, to prevent Address Book from overwriting the BB since it was blank) and then syncing Address Book with my Google Account. There is an option for it in there. I'm sure there is probably an easier way, but this worked for me.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Open your contacts app on you mac, export your contacts into a CSV file. Go to your gmail, click on contacts, click on import, and then choose the CSV file that you just saved on your Mac.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
I just let my Local VZW store CSR transfer my contacts over from my Storm to the DROID. But I don't know anything about the calendar stuff, sorry. I am sure there are those here who can help on that.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Open your contacts app on you mac, export your contacts into a CSV file. Go to your gmail, click on contacts, click on import, and then choose the CSV file that you just saved on your Mac.

Here is a link on how to sync your calendar on your mac with the gmail calendar (which will sync with your Droid). Both of these methods are assuming that you had your contacts and calendar syned up with your Blackberry.

Sync with iCal or Sunbird - Google Calendar Help