1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ok im a noob but better safe then sorry

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by MDriod, May 11, 2010.

1. MDriod

MDriod New Member

I'm looking at different apps like on smspopup I believe its called,its free yes but right before I go to install it says something like they can send my number or use it for different services soo I wanna know should I be worried that there gonna do that and I will get suprise charges on my next bill or should I be ok ?
  2. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Should be fine, but I would consider Handcent SMS if I were you. It does everything SMS Popup does, and much much more...
  3. mrpbjnance

mrpbjnance New Member

I believe the apps need to disclose all the services they link to.. or the MArket does it automatically based on what libraries are included. I have never found an app to be malicious and or forward any information.

+1 for Handcent recommendation.. it is by far the best most useful app I have..
    Last edited: May 11, 2010
  4. MDriod

MDriod New Member

Wow thanks for the quick reply OK went ahead with the one you guys mentioned an I love it so far driod rocks!!!