1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Question about Google Voice

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by NyczVegeta85, Dec 19, 2009.

1. NyczVegeta85

NyczVegeta85 New Member

Ok, so I got my invite finally and now I hear that google voice will use my minutes while calling another person? I thought it was free calls in the U.S.? And second, if it's using my minutes for a call whats the point of having another number and calling my mother(whos also verizon). And instead of being free it charges my minutes?
    Lastly, is there a way to use my Verizon number and send/recieve free messages through it without using the google number to send ? Like I have my verizon voicemail to be setup with google voice. any help will be appreciated.:icon_eek:
  2. romeov

romeov New Member

3. phatkat66

phatkat66 New Member

Hey vegeta you have any invites to spare? I been tryin to get my hands onto this thing for weeks. PM me if you dont mind helping me out =)
  4. vrrm

vrrm New Member

@NyczVegeta85: some good features of Google Voice are voicemail, forwarding to multiple lines, and cheap international long distance.
  5. lschmitt

lschmitt New Member

I just finally got my Google Voice account hooked up today. I sent for an invite about a month ago and just got the email yesterday. I went with using my verizon number for now but I might get a google number, just waiting to see what the real perks are before I try and tell all my family and friends that I have a new number, again! Any suggestions would be cool:)

BTW: Will I get invites for G Voice?
  6. lschmitt

lschmitt New Member

@phatkat66

I went on google voices website and put in my email. They sent me one in about a month. The wait is worth it from what I keep hearing about it.
  7. orangepeel

orangepeel New Member

You should.If not now you will in a few days or a couple of weeks.

Look on the bottom left and see if it says "Invite A Friend" and click on that. I had 3 invites gave to me.