Ok, I'll be the first to say it...

jcarlilesiu

Reaction score
Never used the globe to isolate the contacts before so I didn't notice it was gone. But all if the contacts are there and syncing

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

OP
plongson

plongson

Reaction score
I use to be able to search the global company directory from the Tbolt with Froyo, now I have to go back to the PC and send it to my phone.

bigjonmoo73

Reaction score
Anyone having problems with connecting to WiFi with the new update?? I am... =(

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

MTBryan

Reaction score
I had trouble connecting to wifi for about a week prior to the Gingerbread update. After I updated OTA I still had the problem.
I called Verizon and they had me do a hard reset, which didn't help. So, they shipped me out a new phone which I received yesterday.
Now wifi works on this new phone but it came WITHOUT Gingerbread installed. And when I do a software check, it doesn't see an update.
I figure it will update eventually.
Personally I don't have a knee jerk reaction to having Gingerbread or the old OS since they both work fine and about the same, so i am ok with that.

Sent from my TBolt

robdturner

Reaction score
It not Gingerbread its the update
. Been using a rooted GB with a custom ROM for months now works fine. Blame Verizon and HTC for the problems not GB.

mpuchalski

Reaction score
I do have the earth icon and can search the exchange GAL.

armyman22

Reaction score
It was on Verizon supports twittering page as well so I'm guessing it has been. I sure hope they fix the volume issue.

bases1616

Reaction score
It not Gingerbread its the update
. Been using a rooted GB with a custom ROM for months now works fine. Blame Verizon and HTC for the problems not GB.

You are so right!!! HTC had so much time to get this right and VZW should know better on releasing an update with so many bugs:(

MAPSTER5500

Reaction score
I haven't had one problem with the OTA vm notification works fine I don't know if visual vm had anything to do with it but get my notifications every time

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Visual voicemail is not the same as standard voicemail notifications.

sent from my bolt

afrchutch

Reaction score
My biggest problem right now is I don't have the time to fool with it. Ya I'd root if I had time, I do lot's of things if I had time. Jacking with a dang phone to make it do what I bought it for is not high on the list. I get so PO'd with shoddy workmanship I wanna puke, and this is just crappy work on the part of HTC, VZ and anyone else that signed off of this POS. If I get a chance in the next month or so, I'll root, but I'll be too busy calling my Vmail to check for missed calls and running back to the PC to check accounts that weren't imported to my exchange account. Have I left anything out??

BUT!!! I sure have cool live wallpapers, icons that I can move around, watch Blockbuster movies on a postage stamp screen, and about a zillion other things that don't make it any better.

JEZ...do I feel better...NOT!

I took me literally 2 hours to root, flash cyanogenmod 7, flash my radio, and reboot. And i did it all watching instrictional vids on youtube. I am running 2.3.5 on my Tbolt now and CM7 has worked just fine. Its actually 2x faster than when it had sense on it. Don't blame GB. Its Verizon's fault for not making it a priority to put this update out on time and make it bug free for everyone. That's what happens when your customers are impatient. You are pressured to realese garbage. I will never go back to a stock Tbolt.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Guys, use Google Voice for voicemails. I've been using it for a year now and have never had an issue with it. Works perfectly fine on my TB. It is so much better and more convenient than stock voicemail, anyways!

afrchutch

Reaction score
Guys, use Google Voice for voicemails. I've been using it for a year now and have never had an issue with it. Works perfectly fine on my TB. It is so much better and more convenient than stock voicemail, anyways!

But then everyone in your contacts has to learn your new number don't they?