ok i can answer the question back buttons or side buttons.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
so when i got the G2 i thought man why would they put the buttons on the back how stupid.
Well as it turned out i rarely used the back buttons at all with knock on.

Now Nexus 6P
I have pressed the damn power or volume keys accidentally almost every time i touch the phone.
Hopefully the case that should be here tomorrow will change that.

But the answer for me is GIVE ME BACK BUTTONS

except for finger print scanner that i currently find annoying on the back to unlock phone , But its new to me only had for 3 days so well see if i get use to that.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
The position of the fingerprint reader is great. My hand goes to it instantly.

What back buttons the arrow?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like the power and volume on separate side (ie Note 5).

Eagle, grab a case where the buttons are exposed. Worked good for me for the time I had my Nexus 6p.

@wicked posted a case that actually worked fine. Im sure he will post when he see he was dinged.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Best fingerprint scanner on a phone. I loved the Nexus 6P fingerprint scanner. It is just so fast that you dont even get a chance to see the home screen. However my deciding feature that made me choose the Note 5 over the Nexus 6P was size. The Nexus 6P is a tank and is a great throwback for that metal design of the old Motorola Droid and Droid X days. The Nexus 6P is designed to last. Samsung pressing the Note 5 into its frame was an amazing feat to me. Had it been between the Nexus 6P and a Note 5 the size of the Note 4 then the Nexus 6P would still be in my pocket. However the Note 5 is not a durable phone, as beautiful as that glass design is most people will be covering it with some kind of case.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so when i got the G2 i thought man why would they put the buttons on the back how stupid.
Well as it turned out i rarely used the back buttons at all with knock on.

Now Nexus 6P
I have pressed the damn power or volume keys accidentally almost every time i touch the phone.
Hopefully the case that should be here tomorrow will change that.

But the answer for me is GIVE ME BACK BUTTONS

except for finger print scanner that i currently find annoying on the back to unlock phone , But its new to me only had for 3 days so well see if i get use to that.
When I went from G2 to Note4 I had to order a case as well. I now loathe side buttons of any kind and the case keeps me from accidentally pressing the darn things. Fwiw,I never used the side buttons on my Note2 either and wish more makers would go to a set of toggles on the back of their phones because it's just more natural after retraining the brain away from the unnatural side buttons we've all become accustomed to.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com

on the lg phones both the power and volume are on the back. ive been hitting the volume and power keys constantly they are just placed poorly for me and how i hold the phone.
Im sure ill get use to the fingerprint scanner just new to me and i just cant get the feel to hold this phone right. im hoping the case will change that.
this is the one i ordered.
Amazon.com: Nexus 6P Case, i-Blason **Dual Layer** [Kickstand] Google Nexus 6P Case (2015 Release) Prime Series Holster Cover with Kickstand and Locking Belt Swivel Clip (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

But man the phone is beautiful i really hate to cover it up.

with this
Amazon.com: Nexus 6P Screen protector[CutOut for Proximity Sensor],Yoozon® Nexus 6P Tempered Glass Screen Protector,0.3mm 9H Hardness Featuring Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint, Bubble Free: Cell Phones & Accessories

i hope these will do what i think :)

Amazon.com: USB-C to Micro USB Adapter, TechMatte USB Type C to Micro USB Convert Connector for OnePlus 2, Nexus 5X 2015, Nexus 6P; Upgraded and Approved to Meet USB-C Standard (2-Pack, Black): Computers & Accessories

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
just an update got the case and it fits perfectly, fingerprint scanner still easily accessible, and the buttons with the case are easily usable and work great but i am not longer pressing them by accident with the case on .

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I like the finger print scanner being on the back after having used the one on the home button on my Note 4, but I can't say that I think I'd like the buttons back there at this point. What do you do when you've got a phone with back buttons in a car dock?

As it stands, my only real complaint with the placement of the buttons on the 6P are that my iOttie car mount can occasionally push the volume down button and makes it hard to access the volume up. I can't recall if I tried adjusting the length on the mount or not though, so that could just be my fault.

In any case (see what I did there?), glad your case is serving your needs. I'm actually rocking my 6P nekkid right now.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the finger print scanner being on the back after having used the one on the home button on my Note 4, but I can't say that I think I'd like the buttons back there at this point. What do you do when you've got a phone with back buttons in a car dock?

As it stands, my only real complaint with the placement of the buttons on the 6P are that my iOttie car mount can occasionally push the volume down button and makes it hard to access the volume up. I can't recall if I tried adjusting the length on the mount or not though, so that could just be my fault.

In any case (see what I did there?), glad your case is serving your needs. I'm actually rocking my 6P nekkid right now.
With the G2 Knock On would wake my screen when docked in the truck and Power Amp has a volume toggle built in of I wanted to change the music volume.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><