An app that locks side buttons?

Pidge

Reaction score
Anything that locks the side buttons, particularly the volume buttons?

Also, how do I get back to the opening screen (slide to unlock)? Just turn it off and on?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Doesn't lock the volume button but it will beep and let you know the volume has been changed. You set the timer on it to stay up on your screen to confirm whether or not you want the change.

2. Just press the top button to reach the sliding lock screen.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Try Screenmodewidget lite.... I believe it has functions to gaurd the side buttons...

Scythe

Reaction score
There's a few:

RingGuard - Free - On volume change a screen overlay pops up which has an Yes/No prompt to approve the volume change. If you don't click Yes by the time the configurable timer expires, the volume level is reset back. Locks just the ringer down, and it can interrupt current processes.

Volume Locker - Free - On volume change a notification pops up in the tray, which if selected allows you to save the change to the volume levels. If you don't click the notification by the time the configurable timer expires, the volume level is reset back. It won't mess up any active apps that way. Allows locking of all possible volume sources (ringer, notification, etc), and has many options.

MC Ringlock - $1 - No prompt on volume change. However it has some nice widgets to toggle between some 'profile' settings.

Volume Control - Free - No prompt on volume change. Stays completely put. It has a tray icon and no auto-start, so you might find it annoying. This one might drain your battery, since it's always polling.

It comes down to which type you prefer. I'd suggest trying a few, and see which suits your needs.

Last edited:
OP
Pidge

Pidge

Reaction score
I love this forum! Thanks.
It's my first Android (and my first smartphone). There's a lot to learn.

mhpjay

Reaction score
can you post which company makes Volume control. There are 5 different apps by the same name.

Thanks

OP
Pidge

Pidge

Reaction score
I tried Volume Locker, works beautifully.