ok, haven't had to think about this one in a long while

sarreq

Reaction score
so, download restrictions are apparently still on full effect. haven't had to think about that since i rooted my D1 last january.
does anyone know an app which will let me download any file type i want. I've already tried "Download All Files" which doesn't seem to work. that was the only one i could find, so maybe I've not chosen the correct search phrase.

update: mer... Astro's not working either

darkmatter

Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure what you're having a problem with.

A file manager? the one that comes with the phone is pretty good.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
astro file manager.

OP
sarreq

sarreq

Reaction score
I'm talking about the downloader's file type restrictions. android refuses to download most file types, unless you get an app to unrestrict it. Astro File Manager used to work, but it doesn't seem to anymore

darkmatter

Reaction score
I've never had that problem. maybe crutch download? I had that on my droid long before you could download much of anything on the droid.

OP
sarreq

sarreq

Reaction score
next fail is Download Buddy.

i haven't been able to find the original Download Crutch, if it was made by Protocol-X, then it's Download Buddy now.

OP
sarreq

sarreq

Reaction score
thank you muchly, but that appears to only work for email/gmail attachments.

also, i think the problem is actually an issue between the sites I'm trying to use and the stock browser's engine (which dolphin, mirren and xscope use optimized, if not enhanced, versions of), since: 1. the same files from another site download without issue, and 2. opera seems to be able to download the files just fine from the original site