Oh no! Syncing problems!!!

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Part of the reason I upgraded to the Bionic (other than it being a kick ass phone) was because I was having problems with my OG Droid syncing properly. Now, it seems, I'm having a similar problem with the Bionic. It's not syncing the calendar properly.

Not sure what's causing it but it's not syncing what I put in my phone with Google Calendar.

AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

rwking

Reaction score
Part of the reason I upgraded to the Bionic (other than it being a kick ass phone) was because I was having problems with my OG Droid syncing properly. Now, it seems, I'm having a similar problem with the Bionic. It's not syncing the calendar properly.

Not sure what's causing it but it's not syncing what I put in my phone with Google Calendar.

AAARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Try clearing your application data. It'll reload all of the events that are stored in your calendar. I do this when I encounter mail sync problems and it almost always fixes it.

Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications
Tap "All" at top center
Scroll to Calendar and tap it
Tap "Clear Data"

Exit, and test it after it refreshes by entering an event on your handset and seeing if the sync icon appears (sending to Google).

Hope this helps!

lanza_david

Reaction score
Try clearing your application data. It'll reload all of the events that are stored in your calendar. I do this when I encounter mail sync problems and it almost always fixes it.

Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications
Tap "All" at top center
Scroll to Calendar and tap it
Tap "Clear Data"

Exit, and test it after it refreshes by entering an event on your handset and seeing if the sync icon appears (sending to Google).

Hope this helps!

I was having the same issue and this worked. Who knows for how long.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
Still not syncing.

I looked into the settings in the calendar app. For my calendar (my name), shows synced and visible. For the Phone Calendar it shows visible but not synced and I can't get it to sync (has the sync icon grayed out and won't enable it).

This is a bit of a problem as I use my calendar a lot.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I think I may have figured it out.

I decided to hide the phone calendar. I noticed events are showing up with two different colors...blue for events I create on the Google Calendar website and yellow(ish) for events I created on the phone. Started to wonder about the various calendars showing up in settings and why I was unable to select to sync the calendar on the phone. Hid that calendar, created an event on the phone and it showed up on the website.

Confusing as hell as a) I don't know why it's not syncing and b) it's not clear as to how to use the calendar properly. Just let us keep using Google Calendar!!!

lanza_david

Reaction score
I think I may have figured it out.

I decided to hide the phone calendar. I noticed events are showing up with two different colors...blue for events I create on the Google Calendar website and yellow(ish) for events I created on the phone. Started to wonder about the various calendars showing up in settings and why I was unable to select to sync the calendar on the phone. Hid that calendar, created an event on the phone and it showed up on the website.

Confusing as hell as a) I don't know why it's not syncing and b) it's not clear as to how to use the calendar properly. Just let us keep using Google Calendar!!!

I was just going to tell you this. Just figured it out myself.

OP
G

GadgetRick

Reaction score
I was just going to tell you this. Just figured it out myself.

It's darn confusing. With Moto would quit trying to do things like this better than Google. Would create much less confusion...