Can the OS native calendar app sync with Yahoo calendar???

dandla330

Reaction score

aloha...I've been using my droid bionic since august 2013, It was my wifes previously. We're not due for an upgrade with our carrier until July 2015.
My issue is getting yahoo calendar to sync with the native OS calendar. My OS is 4.1.2, I use yahoo mail and calendar and the only way to get to my calendar is to open a browser to my-yahoo. I prefer not to sync my mail or calendar with google, consequently I'm working harder instead of smarter. I have been reading about an app that was previously available at google play store "smoothsync for yahoo calendar" but has been removed and I'm unable to find it on any other site.
I could use some help with 2 issues, a referral to a work around that will enable me to sync the native android calendar app with yahoo calendar, or possibly instructions on how to do so, or a referral to the active "smoothsync" site.
any help will be greatly appreciated.
The ocean in Kona, Hawaii is clear and warm and the temp is about 84.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was a long time Yahoo mail & calender user before I got my first android phone. I never found a way to "sync" a Yahoo calendar with any android phone. You can export & import, but that's just a one time import....no sync. There used to be apps that claimed to do it, but had mixed reviews & have been removed from the Play Store. It seems like Yahoo just does not want you to sync your calendar with your phone. It's a bummer that the Yahoo Mail app doesn't have that built in. I just use the Google calendar. Maybe someone, somewhere knows how. Can't find any way to do it with an Internet search.

OP
D

dandla330

Reaction score
aloha Sajokaz,
Thx for the reply...It's very surprising to me that neither Yahoo nor a 3rd party has done much to resolve the issue with "Y Calendar" & android. I'm really opposed to google having such clout so I'll probably live without the opportunity to sync a calendar app with Yahoo calendar.