Oh Jesus what did I DO!

pkiefer131

Reaction score
Hi all:

Well what a day it has been for me, trying to root my incredible and of course as a NOOB I screwed something up. I followed this link:

Unrevoked 3.2 Drops, 1-Click Root for 2.2 on DROID Incredible - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Now, what happened to me is this, I followed the wiki to a T and got in device manager using the HBOOT drivers under Android Phone to say Android bootloader interface, of course after this I rushed and before I knew it I somehow modified the driver and now it says ADB instead ABI, so I figured what the hell I'll uninstall it. Now every time I try to modify the drivers I keep getting ADB and NOT ABI.

Does anyone know what I did wrong and how to modify this correctly? This all started because unrevoked kept saying "Waiting for root" so I thought I did something wrong...according to one forum over on android central, apparently I did not have "Unknown sources" under applications in my phone checked and now it seems like I've sent everything to hell in a hand basket.

I'm assuming I can get delete everything I downloaded and follow the step by step again, but even if I delete the files when I connect my phone to windows the device manager shows Android phone > ADB (with a yellow triangle and a question mark.

Please help. Thanks everyone.

shmoo

Reaction score
I don't own a DI but I'm not sure why it would be saying ABI. It really should be saying ADB (it stands for Android Debug Bridge). This is what allows you to push and pull things from your phone. Hope this clears at least a few things up

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
pkiefer131

pkiefer131

Reaction score
Nope

No the ADB is what the drivers ended up installing. The actual full wording off hand I don't have since I'm not home at the computer I was trying to do the install on but the drivers instead of installing "android bootloader interface" which mind you it did at first were intstalling something like "Android Composite Interface" or something like that. So it's almost like the drivers were installing the incorrect version...i don't know what I did to make this happen but I think I screwed something up bad. :(

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the Forum!! sorry to hear you're having root issues. but, rest assured, you're not the first, and i don't think we've been unable to help. i'm not adept enough to help personally; but i can move your thread over to the Rescue Squad - some really bright people over there who should be able to give you some assistance.

good luck! and, don't hesitate to post back if you can't get answers. :)

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got this one over at our forum. OP got the phone as a replacement and the OTA was pushed immediately upon activation. New OTA closes root loopholes. It looks like it's going to be a little while until a new exploit is found so for now the OP is going to sit tight.