Oh Damn.....

TaubBaer

Reaction score
A few days ago, I dropped my wonderful Razr onto the driveway about 5 feet distance of free fall. Yes, it got some dents on the sides but none on back and front. I don't care about dents BUT BUT the front camera now shows half black on the bottom!!!! I could see something across the len. Is there a way that I can do to make that something go away? Wack it on the hard rubber? Side? Bottom? or what???? I use the front camera all the time for video phone calls.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
A few days ago, I dropped my wonderful Razr onto the driveway about 5 feet distance of free fall. Yes, it got some dents on the sides but none on back and front. I don't care about dents BUT BUT the front camera now shows half black on the bottom!!!! I could see something across the len. Is there a way that I can do to make that something go away? Wack it on the hard rubber? Side? Bottom? or what???? I use the front camera all the time for video phone calls.
Sounds like you've dislodged/moved the front camera from its proper orientation. I guess you could try to "bump" it back into place but then you risk dislodging something else. There is a "tear down" video on You Tube that shows how to open and disassemble a Razr/Maxx. I'm not sure if you can get to the front facing camera even if you do that plus that.

OP
T

TaubBaer

Reaction score
Looked like I'm screwed. And I don't have steady hands to handle those tiny parts.

furbymac

Reaction score
I had the same issue with mine....i just called verizone told them that something was blocking my ffc and they sent me another device.

OP
T

TaubBaer

Reaction score
I'll see if I can get them replace this phone...