Oh Damn.....

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by TaubBaer, Nov 30, 2012.

1. TaubBaer

TaubBaer New Member

A few days ago, I dropped my wonderful Razr onto the driveway about 5 feet distance of free fall. Yes, it got some dents on the sides but none on back and front. I don't care about dents BUT BUT the front camera now shows half black on the bottom!!!! I could see something across the len. Is there a way that I can do to make that something go away? Wack it on the hard rubber? Side? Bottom? or what???? I use the front camera all the time for video phone calls.
  2. jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've dislodged/moved the front camera from its proper orientation. I guess you could try to "bump" it back into place but then you risk dislodging something else. There is a "tear down" video on You Tube that shows how to open and disassemble a Razr/Maxx. I'm not sure if you can get to the front facing camera even if you do that plus that.
  3. TaubBaer

TaubBaer New Member

Looked like I'm screwed. And I don't have steady hands to handle those tiny parts.
  4. furbymac

furbymac Member

I had the same issue with mine....i just called verizone told them that something was blocking my ffc and they sent me another device.
  5. TaubBaer

TaubBaer New Member

I'll see if I can get them replace this phone...
  6. StephenC

StephenC New Member

if you have no luck with that, let me know. I can fix that easy. I even have extra RAZR parts laying around if the camera needs replacing.