Official Gingerbread released !!! Congratulations to everybody !!!

silver6054

Reaction score
I just checked also under "Check for updates" and bam its there!

Just to remind all: anyone (running stock .330) can simply download the update, see post 8 on http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...can-anyone-help-me-out-how-install-607-a.html for example. This allows you to avoid an OTA (= slooooooowwww) download and avoids the need to check if Moto has allowed your phone to update. As G.Y. has said, this requires no rooting, modding etc, just a "standard" use of the stock recovery feature.

captain howdy

Reaction score
Got the update, and for those that had concerns about z4root keeping you from getting the update, worry not. It installs just fine if you unroot

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tonestert

Reaction score
Got the update, and for those that had concerns about z4root keeping you from getting the update, worry not. It installs just fine if you unroot

sorry for the dumb question but how do you unroot ? I rooted mine via psouza4's MotorolaOneClickRoot from.

maxwellag

Reaction score
I wonder if everyone can get the update now... it seems pretty early. But a lot of people have it now... the update isn't what I thought it was. I thought it would be like the droid 3, with the cool tv animation when locking the screen, and the cool shine effect when navigating between home screens. Oh well, I will just wait and get the droid 4 or 5 when it is out...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

nivek9238

Reaction score
Update froze at 60 percent....had to reboot phone. Now when I manually check for an update it says its already being downloaded. When its not on the notification bar. Hellpppp

maxwellag

Reaction score
Update froze at 60 percent....had to reboot phone. Now when I manually check for an update it says its already being downloaded. When its not on the notification bar. Hellpppp

It should eventually resume downloading... my brothers droid 2 global died at 8%, so he put it on the charger and powered back up.... he went and manually checked for an update again, but it said one was already being downloaded. A few seconds later, the download resumed.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

nivek9238

Reaction score
Kk thank you. I hope it does that

mr.inter

Reaction score
I have successfully installed the update. Now when going to system updates it is showing me the same message before updating, that I need to download 4.5.607. What is going on?

idefiler6

Reaction score
My GF has a d2g, will this update change any of her settings, custom launcher or icons if she does it? Her phone is not and never was rooted but she's running GoLauncher. My d2 is rooted and I took care of everything on my end, running perfectly. I just want to give her the option of not doing it if she has to re-do all of her settings.

leobg

Reaction score
My GF has a d2g, will this update change any of her settings, custom launcher or icons if she does it? Her phone is not and never was rooted but she's running GoLauncher. My d2 is rooted and I took care of everything on my end, running perfectly. I just want to give her the option of not doing it if she has to re-do all of her settings.

Update will not change any of the customization you did on the phone. Will not erase data or anything.

But I highly recommend you to wipe phone clean after update and start fresh. This way you will avoid any unforeseen upgrade issues that might occur down the road..

idefiler6

Reaction score
Thank you. That wipe is never going to happen. She doesn't trust the rooting process or really anything that I could do to her phone!

leobg

Reaction score
Under 'wipe' I meant "factory data reset". You don't need root for that. It just brings the phone back to original (pre-customized) condition. If for whatever reason phone acts up post update, this should be the first thing to try.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Under 'wipe' I meant "factory data reset". You don't need root for that. It just brings the phone back to original (pre-customized) condition. If for whatever reason phone acts up post update, this should be the first thing to try.

That might be the last thing I would try. Before that, I would try clearing the system cache partition which doesn't reset any settings or user data.

That being said, if you're using Go Launcher EX you can easily back up your home launcher's config from the Go menu so that a factory reset isn't so painful. Then just backup the config and all of your other pics and data on your SD card and make a list of your installed apps.

Last edited: