Official Gingerbread released !!! Congratulations to everybody !!!

Otacon1337

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay guys. Went to work this morning and checked for an update and GB was waiting for me! Doing great so far! Well, im off to use my new PS3 wireless surround sound headset! woohoo!

leobg

Reaction score
That might be the last thing I would try. Before that, I would try clearing the system cache partition which doesn't reset any settings or user data.

Update process performs cache clean up as part of the update procedure. Just FYI

dAmnDroid

Reaction score
I love the look of gingerbread. It came to my phone today.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

slimpirudude

Reaction score
Indiana here....about to restore Gb leak nandroid I have so I can check. It'll show up right?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
If you're on 2.4.330, don't restore a 4.5.60x nandroid. You'll softbrick :laugh:
Kernel differences, firmware, etc. At the minimum a bootloop, which you'll have to adb out of.

NoBloatware

Reaction score
Update process performs cache clean up as part of the update procedure. Just FYI

Ah, OK. That's good. Still something to try anyway as it only takes a minute or two. I would exhaust all avenues before doing a factory reset as it is a bit of a pain.

iLLy1019

Reaction score
anyone know why i/we lost the ability to hide/show contacts on contact list after update?

hyghwayman

Reaction score
just got the update pushed OTA to my Droid 2 Global

@1:30am I checked and the GB update was available, it's at 28% :icon_ banana:now.

Completed down loading @ 2:30am and has finished uploading, going to bed will post my findings later.

Last edited:

natecorbitt

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with the upgrade. I was having trouble getting it to install (it would download, but the install would fail), so I SBF'd back to stock. Now, it says it installed, but the version in "About Phone" is still showing 2.2. The UI does not look any different either. Any suggestions?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You SBF'd to 2.4.29.

Then you received the OTA update to 2.4.330. Check the “System version” line, it should say 2.4.330.

You didn't receive 4.5.607.

natecorbitt

Reaction score
It does says 2.4.330. So, if I run the update again, should it work, or am I SOL? Should I SBF to another version? And if so, what version? Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited:

silver6054

Reaction score
It does says 2.4.330. So, if I run the update again, should it work, or am I SOL? Should I SBF to another version? And if so, what version? Sorry for all the questions.

Go to About Phone and see if there is a system update available. If there is, it will be GB. If not, the options are a) to wait until it does become available for your phone, or b) (much better) go and get the update from another site and install it yourself. This is much quicker than doing it OTA, and you can get to see any issues. I still don't get why people are waiting for OTA!