Official Gingerbread released !!! Congratulations to everybody !!!

warped1987

Reaction score
So they released the official GB to everyone even with the problems us soak testers have been having. The lights onbthe 4 main keys never lighting up properly, having to lock and un-lock the phone every time to fix it, and many people having dozens of reboots a day? So I guess they didn't find the problems big enough to fix? Wow, regreat this phone ssoooo much.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Those people usually tend to be ones who expect the phone to manage everything on its own, expecting it to be perfect. I find it's always good to give andy a hand in managing things like memory and running services; I have never seen a reboot or crash on leaked gb, soak test gb, and after-sbf Froyo. Battery life is perfect too. How? I used a task killer manually along with ending running services. When I asked if I shouldn't manually kill FOTA on moto support forums, a numbskull rudely chastised me for using a task killer manually. These are adults too...I'm just a student trying to get by the best I can.

vintage2714

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm in Pennsylvania I just checked manually Downloading now!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

r4yb4d

Reaction score
Quick thought...would calling *228 maybe update it without having it pushed to the phone? Or does it not work that way?

Thank you for mentioning the *228! I tried it and the update was available right after completing a roaming update. I posted my results in another post and someone else had successful results doing the same. the *228 doesn't update the OS alone. Afterwards, re-check for the system update in the About screen. Thanks again!

Feudalplague

Reaction score
Global update has officially gone live ive heard from a few buddies in my area with D2G doing the same as me we are all downloading the update now and that makes 5 comfirmed updates in progress as well as another one on here.

sinner618

Reaction score
First time posting...
Decided since others were having luck with *228 i'd try it, and I dunno if it was a coincidence since a lot of others are reporting getting it now, but after *228 it was available for me immeadiately... now at 26% after only about 15 mins...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

mr.inter

Reaction score
had to redownload cause I forgot to restore bloatware and update failed :icon_evil:

acbrown24

Reaction score
downloading as i type! 59% after maybe 30ish minutes. I just hope its done before I have to leave for school :/

mr.inter

Reaction score
Does anyone know where is the OTA update file stored please? Because I already downloaded two times with no install success. I don't wish to SBF for now.

mr.inter

Reaction score
Ok found it in /cache. If it will fail again I will install it again via the leak method (renaming it to update.zip, moving it to the sdcard root and installing it via the stock recovery)

maxwellag

Reaction score
Just checks my phone and I am downloading it!!! :) so happpy, my brother is too.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

netson99

Reaction score
Just Checking System update on my D2G and start Downloading now ...!!!

nb. I am on GSM network ...

Last edited: