Official E-mail for Droid X Otterboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJSketch

Reaction score
They're Here!

Click HERE to view all cases for the DROID X by Motorola.
We now have cases for your Droid X! You can click now and buy one or you can take a chance…
We will be hosting a Droid X case giveaway on our blog today: http://wp.me/pROjc-13w as a thank you for your patience. We want to hear about the adventures you have planned now that your Droid X phone will be encased in awesome OtterBox protection. We will be awarding 3 winners today, entries are taken until 4 p.m. MT, so take a chance by waiting or order it now, either way you will be getting the best protection available for your phone!
Purchase the protection you need today at OtterBox.com.

Finally, Finally, Finally an couldn't have came at a better time if I do say so myself.

ConqSoft

Reaction score
I can't believe they didn't make the Defender work with the extended battery. It's only like 1mm difference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
DJSketch

DJSketch

Reaction score
I'd say were lucky they made an released them at all for the X before the first of the new year.

joely91

Reaction score
Theyre here!!!!! WooooooPeeeeee!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
DJSketch

DJSketch

Reaction score
Yes it is very exciting been waiting on this since I got my X on it's release date

Sent from my DROIDX

kendubya

Reaction score
no integrated screen protector, no films covering the camera, speakers or mics, what's worth $50.00, or the wait?...bought a Rugged as a stop gap measure...waiting for Trident's Kraken...

cpjr

Reaction score
Ordered mine.

FYI - Coupon code "tb1010y" got me 10% off and free shipping!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
no integrated screen protector, no films covering the camera, speakers or mics, what's worth $50.00, or the wait?...bought a Rugged as a stop gap measure...waiting for Trident's Kraken...

It does have the integrated screen protector, according to the Q&A on the item.

cpjr

Reaction score

It does have the integrated screen protector, according to the Q&A on the item.

Yeah, the defender covers the screen and camera....the case covers all the buttons. Did you not even look on their site?

motionblurrr

Reaction score
Hey, I'm a little unsure about which case I want as this is already a big phone. Currently, I'm just using a slip-over silicone case that basically protects it from scratches and minor impacts along with an Invisible Shield screen protector. I don't suppose there are any retail stores that would have these cases so that I could see them in person before buying?
If not, could any of you with some Otterbox experience answer the following questions about each of the 3 cases? Sorry, I know it's a lot, but hopefully it will help other people decide too! :)

1) Is it difficult to remove? I may need to remove the battery if the phone has completely locked up. I wish I never had to do this, of course, but it happens.

2) Does repeated removal of the case weaken it's ability to stay on the phone? I have another two-piece snap-on case and noticed that the clips that hold it together have weakened quite a bit after removing the case about a dozen times.

3) Do you know of any way to mount the phone while in the case to a car mount? If not, I may want to remove the case (making the first two questions important) when I get into my vehicle.

4) Does the surface of the phone stick to cloth materials, making it difficult to put in and take out of a pocket? I almost always keep my phone in my front pocket.

5) I am happy with my currently Invisible Shield screen protector. Will this be a problem with your cases or could I leave the Invisible Shield in place?

6) Is the material of the case hard or semi-flexible?

Big Fate

Reaction score
Wow, I honestly don't see what the hype is all about on those cases. Talk about a rip off... Who in there right mind would pay 50 bucks for a case? You kidding me??

My silcone case cost me 10 bucks and I've dropped it twice and let me tell you how great this thing works... Not a scratch on it. Save your money and buy something more usefull for your hard earned dollars people.

Last edited:

jtcsifl

Reaction score
I bought a Seidio cover/holster combo and am happy with it. I just couldn't wait this long for an Otterbox though there's one on the "hand-me-down" D1 my wife has and it work great.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it's only 1mm difference then I'm sure it will work fine.

Ordered!

Nope, Otterbox says the extended battery only works with the other two style cases, not the Defender.

Well that stinks! I just figured, I know, I shouldn't do that:)

But the last couple I owned (on different phones) had a bit of play when I didn't use the membrane part of it. So I assumed that there would be enough room to work with. That's why I ordered the cheap one for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.