[OFFICIAL] CES Presentation Discussion Thread.

hypura

Reaction score
From what I understand the only new device featured that will be dual-core is the Bionic.

And even then, I still want to wait for a phone with 1Gig of RAM :s It sucks to be picky.

Reaction score
I just clinched my phone tighter and said "buddy...you live to fight another day"...

But didn't someone say like $80 for 10GB on 4g?

i said it. the girl rep for verizon said that's current pricing for 4g data but it hasn't been confirmed if that pricing will be the same for 4g cell phones, that's still being straightened out. i've had the incredible for 15 days and haven't used 1gb of data yet... i thought i would have used more but i guess not

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the only new device featured that will be dual-core is the Bionic.

And even then, I still want to wait for a phone with 1Gig of RAM :s It sucks to be picky.

Yeah, there really isn't a slam-dunk "oh, this is THE phone" out of what little I know. And I still really want to know data plan pricing. 4G sounds awesome but I don't need to sacrifice my first born for it.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

you may be waiting a while then. The Atrix is running a docking application that needs the extra RAM thus the 1GB. The Atrix will be memory hungry and people don't understand that just yet.

Once you start using up that memory for applications your talking about an even more memory starved state.

Reaction score
isn't miami there? if so he'll probably get more information/pictures. and their current 4g prices doesn't look good for 4g phones... what was it like 30.00 for 5gb and 80 for 10gb? i use a lot of data, i dont think i could afford more than 30.00

As far as I know those pricing plans are for USB modems. I hope that the phones will still have an unlimited data package, priced at $30.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App.

1.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...-dummies-guide-android-terminoligy-lingo.html
2.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/70875-what-you-need-know-about-rooting.html
3.)http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

my post before this one says that those prices aren't confirmed for 4g cell phones.

i would love to see unlimited data for 4g phones but i dont know how likely it is. verizon clearly wants to get more of a profit this year and putting a cap on data use would certainly help them achieve their goal. i dont even use 1gb so i could deal with a 5gb limit. i know the charges would be bad if i ever went over that so i'm hoping for an unlimited option. i'm keeping my incredible until i'm able to upgrade again and when i'm able to i'll go with 4g. guess i should start saving extra money for it now

mikehal38

Reaction score
The thing that I hate is I've been waiting to upgrade since october and now it looks like i'll be waiting
About three more months to get a new phone... At least I like my og droid.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Jester6x

Reaction score

you may be waiting a while then. The Atrix is running a docking application that needs the extra RAM thus the 1GB. The Atrix will be memory hungry and people don't understand that just yet.

Once you start using up that memory for applications your talking about an even more memory starved state.

CK, I know you have been on the Olympus/Atrix bandwagon but with the announcement of the Bionic is that swaying you?

Any word on the superphone from Samsung we were hearing rumors about?

ipawd1

Reaction score
No release dates for phones, no pricing plans for the data packages/4g plans, they refuse to comment on tethering, The Samsung device they released doesnt have a name. Just "Samsung 4g LTE device", the conference was a bore. The speakers seemed full of themselves, The Droid Bionic is 512MB ram instead of 1gb..even with a dual core. Verizon Wireless also has cancelled the New Every Two AND the idea of an annual early upgrade earlier this week.

Verizon is already a top contender for "Who Had The Worst 2011"

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
CK, I know you have been on the Olympus/Atrix bandwagon but with the announcement of the Bionic is that swaying you?

I like the Bionic a lot. I personally don't care about docking capabilities and it's pretty much useless to me. Brilliant idea no doubt and for those that can take advantage of it all the better. But for me I have no use for it. Sort of like a FFC. Useless and gimmicky unless I need it for business (which I don't)

I like a 4" screen but is 4.3" going to a deal breaker? Heck no. I don't get caught up in the minutia : )

Give me a high rez screen, great looking hardware (subjective opinion) and a Tegra 2 and I'm happy.

The Bionic is a perfect match if I decide to get it.

As far as the Samsung Stealth I have not heard anything else about.

Jester6x

Reaction score

I like the Bionic a lot. I personally don't care about docking capabilities and it's pretty much useless to me. Brilliant idea no doubt and for those that can take advantage of it all the better. But for me I have no use for it. Sort of like a FFC. Useless and gimmicky unless I need it for business (which I don't)

I like a 4" screen but is 4.3" going to a deal breaker? Heck no. I don't get caught up in the minutia : )

Give me a high rez screen, great looking hardware (subjective opinion) and a Tegra 2 and I'm happy.

The Bionic is a perfect match if I decide to get it.

As far as the Samsung Stealth I have not heard anything else about.

I'm in the same boat. I was really excited to hear about the Bionic. I was hoping for a 4.3" screen (personal preference obviously) and the Tegra 2. Hopefully they have made some improvements on the camera. The screen is what I would like to see more of since I don't really know what a qHD is.

Was hoping to hear more from Samsung. Hopefully something at their keynote at 730est

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
qHD is a quarter of high def

The screen is going to be outstanding on this thing.

Jester6x

Reaction score
That's what I like to hear. I can deal with the 512 RAM, I would like the 1gb, but that's ok as long as the screen is amazing and its running the tegra 2. :)

wingdo

Reaction score
That's what I like to hear. I can deal with the 512 RAM, I would like the 1gb, but that's ok as long as the screen is amazing and its running the tegra 2. :)

As I responded to someone's tweets last night and have said in a couple threads here, the 1GB in the Atrix is highly over-rated. That beast has a "docking application" (aka a 2nd pure Linux OS) running in the background for that docking station / netbook accessory. In the end the Bionic will have more memory available for applications.