Official Broken Apps thread for Froyo

ohioDroid

Reaction score
I don't know if this helps anyone, but I was having horrible lag problems when I did the initial install. I was going to give up and go back to BB 1.1, so I went into recovery and wiped data and cache, but when I reloaded my backup I accidentally loaded the backup I had just done. The good news is that on reboot all my lag issues were gone and the speeds were back where they should be.

I also had major lag issues. In the Froyo release thread they recommended me to check what my clock speed was, turned out it had defaulted to 250MHz instead of the droid's normal 550Mhz.

I installed an overclocking kernel and SetCPU is available on xda developers' forums. Set myself between 400 and 700 MHz and the speed is back to normal, although it feels the same as stock 2.1, not insanely faster like everyone has made it out to be.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
The busybox that gets installed with Titanium is in

/data/data/com.kermidas.titaniumbackup/files

I just copied it from here to /system/bin and now metamorph will see it. Still haven't tried a morph, but at least I am now that far.

Craig

specmac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only app not working for me is DroidLight. :eek:hmy: I can live with that as this thing is so fast and smooth.

matrix2004

Reaction score
Though I'm not sure how well it worked, I used these instructions to install Busybox.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...covery-framework-res-apk-custom-boot-ani.html

However, when I try to use Titanium Backup to restore apps, it gives me a "problem parsing the package" and if I install an app from the market and use Titanium Backup to restore the data, the app in question just Force Closes when I try to use it..

I'd really like to not have to set up k9mail again, and would like to restore my log of phone calls, all my txts, etc., so not being able to restore the stuff makes using Froyo kind of pointless for now, for me.

I just restored K9 from MyBackup Pro and its back to normal. I'm going to try and restore call logs now.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
TuneWiki kinda works. There are some things broken like shuffle all. They are aware of the problem.

agdaniels

Reaction score
The ui on world war is broken, images streak and show transparent when they shouldnt

kdmhongshi

Reaction score
the pure widgets can't sync with the new google calenders, or atleast that's the problem I've been getting. (i.e. pure music, calender, grid calender)

Audio manage, large, widget doesn't show bars.

Tried watching hulu on phone.. frames were skipping just a tad. the audio was off a bit too.

muzhik

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
OnePlus One
any1 else having issues with skype on 2.2, every time i punch in my pass and try to log in, i get force close...

jim1974

Reaction score
Swype not working on Froyo....help!!

I wanted to start a new thread since the Froyo thread is just flying right now:

I have lost my Swype keyboard since moving up to the 2.2 Froyo Rom. Actually, its still there but it wont work anymore. If I try to swype out a word it just beeps at me. I'm running the .5612 version that is available everywhere. I have found some people saying its working with no issues, others are saying no go since moving to 2.2.

Does anyone have a known working version of Swype that they can share? If you cant post the link, PM me. I LOVE the 2.2 Rom, but the keyboard could literally be a deal breaker. I NEED to be able to Swype.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Re: Swype not working on Froyo....help!!

Posting of swype apk links are not allowed on DF.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jim1974

Reaction score
I know they aren't, thats why I said to PM me. I'm not trying to break the rules. Really, I just want to know if someone can help me get it working.

rickt1152

Reaction score
My beloved HTC IME keyboard FCs everytime I select.

I had significant issues getting Titanium (donate version) to work, but after about the 10th try it successfully installed busybox and now all is well with that.

Still trying to figure out app2sd. So far only 2 or 3 of my apps gave me the option to move to sd card. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong. Any help on the keyboard or app2sd would be appreciated.

MedikDave

Reaction score
any1 else having issues with skype on 2.2, every time i punch in my pass and try to log in, i get force close...

I'm having the same issue. Tried restoring from Titanium, also tried clearing data, uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling....same result.

dkelly701

Reaction score
Touchdown

The calendar in Touchdown will not sync reoccuring events. This is not a problem for all users but was for me. Nitrodesk is aware of the problem and might have an update later in the week.

Lobstar

Reaction score
Chiming in with Flikie Wallpapers. Probably something related to the gallery. Its fails to update and force closes the market when you cancel the download.