Official Broken Apps thread for Froyo

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
So what App doesn't work for you, post up what's wrong and what you might have tried. I'll update this post and give a link back to helpful post numbers for these broken apps.

BusyBox: Now in the market, thanks Christim for the heads up!

Mototorch: WORKING NOW, Roberj13 who created the Blue Energy Theme has it working in update 1.04.1
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-themes/49656-blue-energy-theme-froyo-android-2-2-a.html

Metamorph: Fix at post #77.

App2SD: Can not choose in Astro, it's grayed out. My card is not formatted for Apps2SD though. Works in Bugless Beast and Simply Stunning Roms.

HTC IME Keyboard v.24: Fix at post #53

SetCPU and TempMonitor: cannot show CPU temps, System Panel will display CPU Temps. P3 is working on this issue with the kernels for other apps to work.

Chrome to Phone: WORKING NOW, you need to download the newest Froyo build and register.

Youmail: had reboots around every half hour until I uninstalled it. My work around is to login at m.youmail.com and bookmark it to the desktop.

Maildroid: Seemed to have lots of Fc's.

Gemini Calendar: does not work at all (previously known and being fixed as we speak

Grocery IQ: It's been reported to work.

Terminal or Better Terminal: no cp command

BetterCut works, choose new shortcut/activity

Last edited:

dilleyo

Reaction score
So what App doesn't work for you, post up what's wrong and what you might have tried. I'll update this post and give a link back to helpful post numbers for these broken apps.

Mototorch: Widget and app will not open, you must force close.

Metamorph: Starts checks than says I don't have root or busybox. I obviously have both.

App2SD: Can not choose in Astro, it's grayed out. My card is not formatted for Apps2SD though.

Yes you have root but not busybox if you just flashed it rember this is a leaked version not a custom rom that someone had all the goodies together I had to reinstall my busybox hope I helped

OP
FSRBIKER

FSRBIKER

Reaction score
I did install BusyBox through Titanium Backup but still no good, ninja is there.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did install BusyBox through Titanium Backup but still no good, ninja is there.
Have to copy that busybox file to system/bin....

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
SetCPU and TempMonitor cannot show CPU temps...

Jmart922

Reaction score
what methods are people out there using to fix the maps issue with froyo?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had reloaded 2.1... so it is different, I have it installed standalone in system/xbin...
but what I did was to search in RootExplorer for 'busybox' and when it came up I copied it from that Titanium folder to system/bin...or xbin I'm sure...

ucpro

Reaction score
chrome to phone doesn't work..it doesn't register the device, i tried signing out of my google account and still a no go

Jmart922

Reaction score
after installing froyo onto my droid, every app so far as installed successfully, however google maps downloads and unsuccessfully installs, i have tried to look for maps.apk files and .comandroid.maps files and i can't find them, i remember there was a way to fix this with previous roms, but i'm kinda at a dead end, any help would be appreciated thanks

Jmart922

Reaction score
i don't mean to double post, but i re-installed the froyo backup from Clockwork and maps was installed automatically, i guess its a hit or miss with this rom, hope this helps anyone else