Odd group of problems

hyrulejedi86

Reaction score
So, I have noticed several problems. Recently, I have noticed that it seemed to be running warm but just today I unhooked it from my charger at 7am when I got up and had little to no acive use. At 11am it vibrated and I pulled it out to check if I had a message only to find that it had shut off and was very warm, not hot but very warm. After plugging it in to charge I saw the battery marked at 0%. I charged it up and unplugged it at 1:30pm. I have used it this afternoon maybe 1 hour of active use and then this evening at 9:00pm it was once again very warm and the battery is at 0%. I have also noticed in the last week it has greatly slowed down, and freezes up when Maps is launched and when I push the search button from the homepage and start typing. I have restarted it several times with no real improvement except for right after the restart.

The wifi, bluetooth and GPS are all off regularly and the only program I have running in the task bar is Skype. I got this in August and have loved it until now.

Any thoughts? Should I take it back to Verizon for another? I have not hacked it at all but I have enough experiance in computers that I could if I wanted to.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd def take it in. They will likely try a factory reset first so you could try it before they do.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
H

hyrulejedi86

Reaction score
Can you back up all my apps and stuff to the SD card? I'm not sure what is all stored on there so that I don't lose any of that? I already used the built-in backup assistant.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Paid apps and contacts are backed up to your Gmail. I'd write down the free apps and install them slowly, one by one...just in case.

DroidForums Junkie!!

OP
H

hyrulejedi86

Reaction score
Fair enough. So, it would seem taking it in is my only real choice here...

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Being that it isn't hacked at all, I'd take advantage of the warranty if the factory reset doesn't work.

Fair enough. So, it would seem taking it in is my only real choice here...

DroidForums Junkie!!