Phone getting hot to the touch?

killtec

Reaction score
I have had my droid x for about 5 months now. in the last 2 months or so it has been getting quite warm while it is just sitting on my belt, in its case. I have noticed that maybe 20% of the time that I notice that its getting warm, the car dock feature has been activated. ( posibly from the magnet holding the case closed? )
the other 80% of the time there is nothing going on that I can see, its just in standby mode, but still warm?
I dont mind my battery draining fast if I am on my phone constantly, but having it mostly dead when I havent used it at all, is very frustrating. Anyone else had this problem, or know what I should do?

P.S. the phone is still stock, never been rooted, and only have maybe 10 apps at any given time.

pool_shark

Reaction score
The magnet activates the car dock, and it keeps the phone on unless you turn it off, and even then I think it comes back on later.
I switched cases because of that.

OP
K

killtec

Reaction score
The magnet activates the car dock, and it keeps the phone on unless you turn it off, and even then I think it comes back on later.
I switched cases because of that.

Yeah, I agree, I think I will need to switch my case to avoid that problem.
My only concern is that there is some underlying issue, or something that is causing it to stay powered up for a prolonged period of time, and burning through my battery life.

pool_shark

Reaction score
Do you have social networking, email, weather, etc, updating too frequently?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Are you rooted and overclocked? That will cause the phone to operate a a higher temp too. As others have said the magnet in your belt case could be activating the car home app which could be causing it to run warm and if its OCd it could be running hotter

OP
K

killtec

Reaction score
I haven't got around to rooting it, so its just stock. No overclocking.
As far as apps updating, the only ones I have are the twitter one, and the weather. I will have to check to see how often they update, but do you think two apps updating behind the scenes could be burning through that much battery life to keep the phone hot?