Droid X gets hot when not in use

20mach103

Reaction score
Yesterday evening I went to use my phone after it had not been in use and it was very warm on the back. The only way I could get it to cool down is turn off my 3G. For some reason when I have my 3G on and I am not using the phone its using 3G for some reason. I also noticed it was draining my battery. When I turn 3G off it doesnt get warm or drain my battery.

What would be causing my phone to do this?

Thanks

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the Forum. I am not sure what would be causing your overheating. I am going to ask that this thread be moved to the Droid X section. Hopefully someone there will have some answers for you.

OP

20mach103

Reaction score
Yea after I posted I saw the section for Droid X specifically. Thanks for getting it moved. And I have since reformatted the phone and I think that did the trick. And now the 3G icon is acting normal and the arrows are only greyed out vs solid as when in use. If the problem occurs again I will be sure to update. But if anyone would know what caused the problem please feel free to reply.

EDIT: I think my memory card might be the reason for the issue, or possibly something saved to it. After the reseting the phone I put the card back in and the 3G icon started acting up again, removed it and it went back to normal.

Thanks

Last edited: