Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did you have a chance to finish the whole album? If so, what did you think?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Not quite yet. I have a short commute & had to bring my truck to the shop today, so I had the wife's car with satellite radio.

The track with the choir took me by surprise, but I liked it.

So far, overall, I like the album, but it's definitely not the same as their older stuff. Heard one on the radio today that I don't recall having heard yet on the album that I like. I think it's a new one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not very obscure if you're into rock, but I stumbled upon this this morning and felt like I had no choice but to share it. Good stuff. He's so into it too.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not very obscure if you're into rock, but I stumbled upon this this morning and felt like I had no choice but to share it. Good stuff. He's so into it too.

I can't watch it now at work, but do like Zakk. Will check this out this evening.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also not an obscure band, but for anyone who like Blink-182, their new album "California" dropped today. Listening to it now at work. Not bad, but I have to laugh at the bits that kinda remind me of Angels and Airwaves, since the guy who's in that band isn't in Blink anymore...

It's interesting. Not like their really good older stuff, but also not like some of the newer stuff that I didn't think was that good. They've definitely matured and I wonder how much the new guy has influenced this album. His voice fits their sound nicely though.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Also not an obscure band, but for anyone who like Blink-182, their new album "California" dropped today. Listening to it now at work. Not bad, but I have to laugh at the bits that kinda remind me of Angels and Airwaves, since the guy who's in that band isn't in Blink anymore...

It's interesting. Not like their really good older stuff, but also not like some of the newer stuff that I didn't think was that good. They've definitely matured and I wonder how much the new guy has influenced this album. His voice fits their sound nicely though.
Good deal Jonny. They have never been one of my favorites, but I really like this thread for sharing information about music that we like, obscure or not.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Good deal Jonny. They have never been one of my favorites, but I really like this thread for sharing information about music that we like, obscure or not.

Agreed!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Haven't visited this thread in a while, so here's something new. Came across these guys while streaming Google Play music "feeling Lucky" radio. It's not the best music I have ever heard, but a bunch of older guys (like me...:D) from former groups that formed a new "super group" kind of thing. They play a lot of cool covers and some of their original stuff is OK. Good ol' toe-tapping-driving-down-the-highway Rock N Roll.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
They're not obscure ..but I'm glad to see breaking Benjamin didn't stop all together..idk what version of what happened..but new lead singer new album., New low level tour ...

Idk about all you guys .but if I were to get serious about music again..I would not want a huge tour..id do local venues ..smaller and more intimate..unless the pay greatly outweighed the risk..anyone whos ever played knows what i mean.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
They're not obscure ..but I'm glad to see breaking Benjamin didn't stop all together..idk what version of what happened..but new lead singer new album., New low level tour ...

Idk about all you guys .but if I were to get serious about music again..I would not want a huge tour..id do local venues ..smaller and more intimate..unless the pay greatly outweighed the risk..anyone whos ever played knows what i mean.
Their original lead singer had some serious health issues. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I'm a fan of them though. I'll have to check out the new stuff.

Sent from my Moto Z

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Their original lead singer had some serious health issues. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I'm a fan of them though. I'll have to check out the new stuff.

Sent from my Moto Z
From what the bass player was telling me(they were doing some work in my buddies studio) there was more than health issues ...he was cool to the fans but a jerk to them or something..but you know there's always three sides to a story..his side..their side and what everyone who's in the know...knows. lol..but she's a doll..ever get to go to one of their gigs go..they're awesome with their fans

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
From what the bass player was telling me(they were doing some work in my buddies studio) there was more than health issues ...he was cool to the fans but a jerk to them or something..but you know there's always three sides to a story..his side..their side and what everyone who's in the know...knows. lol..but she's a doll..ever get to go to one of their gigs go..they're awesome with their fans
I missed my chance years ago. I was kinda between 2 girlfriends & they both invited me.

Decided it was best to sit that one out, rather than show up with one & see the other.

I'm not proud of it & bummed that I missed it, but when you're young...

How do you guys feel about replacing a singer, but keeping the name? There have been cases where I didn't mind it, but at the same time, to me, they're the VOICE of the band, so I generally don't care for it.

Sent from my Moto Z

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Totally agree. The new Alice in Chains is good but not great. The original band is my all time favorite.

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Oh, and re: BB.
One of my favorite albums. Every track is good.

4011f3cb35b321af31ca38ce14ec4c6f.jpg