Good Band Thread

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
New album comes out first week in June. Here's an early preview. As the singer said..."Play it loud"!

New album is out today, it was waiting for me to download when I woke up this morning. I listened to about half of it on the drive to work. It's different, but still good. It doesn't have that "Johnny Cash - meets Elvis - meets Metallica" sound that their earlier stuff did; it's more of a traditional rock-radio album. It's still good toe-tapping driving down the road music! :cool:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
New album is out today, it was waiting for me to download when I woke up this morning. I listened to about half of it on the drive to work. It's different, but still good. It doesn't have that "Johnny Cash - meets Elvis - meets Metallica" sound that their earlier stuff did; it's more of a traditional rock-radio album. It's still good toe-tapping driving down the road music! :cool:
Oh! Thanks for the heads up! I know what I'm queuing up for the rest of the day in my truck! I knew that had a new one coming, but wasn't sure of the release date.

I'd say that's probably the worst part about streaming all of my music instead of listening to the satellite radio. I trade hearing about new albums from bands I love for being able to listen to whatever I want, whenever I want.

Will be checking this one out for sure though.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Catchy!

Son of a B!!!!! Gimmee a drink!

While I was on vacation in PA over the Memorial Day weekend we were sitting around one evening watching a Thunderstorm and talking with my brother & his wife about cool music, new music, obscure music, etc. He puts this song on his iPod and asks if i ever heard it. Of course I have...from my friends at DF.net! He & his wife are really into these guys and bought their CD & one or more DVD's. Good stuff.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
While I was on vacation in PA over the Memorial Day weekend we were sitting around one evening watching a Thunderstorm and talking with my brother & his wife about cool music, new music, obscure music, etc. He puts this song on his iPod and asks if i ever heard it. Of course I have...from my friends at DF.net! He & his wife are really into these guys and bought their CD & one or more DVD's. Good stuff.
That's so funny! I was hanging out with my cousin on Saturday and we were talking about music and I brought that guy up too to see if he'd heard of him. That's right in the wheelhouse of stuff that he really likes.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I got a Google Opinion Reward question about Volbeats new album today.

Sent from Turbo II
I made $10 in Play Credits over the past 2 months and then all surveys stopped since 29 May.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
5 days? How many are you getting a week?
I was getting 1 or 2 a day for quite a while. Maybe I made too much too quickly?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Crap! I forgot to load it up on my way to lunch.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Don't forget to crank it up for your ride home Jonny!

OP
PereDroid

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Hey Google Play people: do you ever get cover bands when searching for a specific song? Wife has Spotify and more and more when she looks for a song, if Spotify doesn't have it, it will give you some random cover band doing a bad version if it. She's thinking of making a change to either Google or Apple music.

Sent from Turbo II

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Hey Google Play people: do you ever get cover bands when searching for a specific song? Wife has Spotify and more and more when she looks for a song, if Spotify doesn't have it, it will give you some random cover band doing a bad version if it. She's thinking of making a change to either Google or Apple music.

Sent from Turbo II
Not that I have noticed, but I don't search for a lot of songs mostly listen to my own music or Play Stations. I'll try to remember to do some searches and see what comes up.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Don't forget to crank it up for your ride home Jonny!

Don't worry. I did. I'm only a few songs in, but I see what you're saying about the sound. Not bad. Different.

Sent from Turbo II

Not that I have noticed, but I don't search for a lot of songs mostly listen to my own music or Play Stations. I'll try to remember to do some searches and see what comes up.

^Same here. I've read that about Spotify. I feel like GPM would just not give you a result rather than a cover band, but idk for sure. I'll have to try some searches too. If you have her work up a list of bands that it happens frequently to her with, we can at least try those for you.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Don't worry. I did. I'm only a few songs in, but I see what you're saying about the sound. Not bad. Different.

^Same here. I've read that about Spotify. I feel like GPM would just not give you a result rather than a cover band, but idk for sure. I'll have to try some searches too. If you have her work up a list of bands that it happens frequently to her with, we can at least try those for you.

I liked the second half better....cool cover of Battleship Chains.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

Did you have a chance to finish the whole album? If so, what did you think?