Nylon around the logo

OP
krnmc

krnmc

Reaction score
Alright so I walked into the Verizon store and told my problem to the manager or the Doode who signs in. Told me they might have to go through Motorola since its cosmetics damage and not hardware. So I met up with the tech who remembered me when I got the phone on Friday and he said he knew where I was coming from and that he will talk to the manager. He comes back and tells me I have to call corp. And talk to a technician. So he connects me to one. I talked to about my issue and he just told me to go to a corp. Verizon store and ask for a replacement.

I told him I was and the manager told me I needed to talk to a technician for some reason. And there was some awkward pause, and he asked me if they ran out of turbo. I replied "no clue" we both laughed and he said he will make a note on my account for them to give me a replacement one on the spot.

I waited for another 30 mins and I got a replacement one. :))) the buttons on this one seems little shaky/loose but I can't complain lulz. And it seemed like 85% of the workers were all using droid turbo.

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

Reactions: cr6
OP
krnmc

krnmc

Reaction score
Sorry about the grammar and typos wrote this on my phone while I'm setting up everything.

TatDroid

Reaction score
Excellent! Hope this one works out better. No fraying on mine, but I do wonder about dirt and lint getting into the fabric and all the seams around the edges. Only time will tell.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Excellent! Hope this one works out better. No fraying on mine, but I do wonder about dirt and lint getting into the fabric and all the seams around the edges. Only time will tell.

Sent from my Droid Turbo
I'm thinking - compressed air for that, I dunno.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm thinking - compressed air for that, I dunno.
Keyboard cleaner(compressed air) even a lint brush(the sticky kind) or blowing it off via lung power would be my guess

24c

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
DROID TURBO
Maybe a small vacuum to suck the dirt/dust/etc out, rather than blowing it in...just a thought.

jesta192

Reaction score
... the buttons on this one seems little shaky/loose but I can't complain lulz...

So lemme get this straight, loose buttons warrant no complaint? LMAO

No seriously, I can feel loose nylon "melt" around the logo (I assume they cut it with a hot stamp). But I can't see it, and I don't think it's going to become a real issue as time goes on. Even if it does, the shell for the Maxx comes off without too much trouble, so I could probably just buy a new one down the road.

Congrats on your success with Verizon though!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I don't know about you but I'd be returning that one as well if it had loose buttons. You just got the phone and its only going to get worse over time. Better to replace it now before you customize it & load it with apps.
Just my 2 cents
Good luck!

S5 tap'n

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Wait, what? The buttons are removable?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The buttons he's referring to are the volume buttons which should add the Sim card tray. The power button is not removable except during disassembly.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The volume buttons are the sim tray?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wow. That's pretty impressive.