Number that allows you to get into the programing portion of your phone.....

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I know this was talked about before, but I can't find that thread. Does anyone have handy the number you call that allows you into the "backside" of the phone so that you can change some "strings" and edit info? I realize this is probably sounding ridiculous, but I don't know what it is called otherwise.... I think it was a 7 digit number or something close to it with the # in front of it. Thanks in advance!!dancedroid

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I know what you are talking about but I will have to search for the thread, it was in one of the ones talking about the speaker volume. You can also do the *#*#4636#*#* for battery and some phone info.

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, but I don't see any description that sounds like what I was looking for.... It is the number that allows you to change a voice option in the phone, like what band to use or something to try to increase call quality.... dang I wish I could remember what it was!!! Thanks though for posting that!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah there is the one I was thinking of.

Lightninrod

Reaction score
So, has anyone tried this new codec and if so, what differences did you notice or your caller noticed?

Did you notice any increased battery usage also?

OP
A

arabstar1982

Reaction score
I have not noticed any increased battery drainage and can get over one day out of my phone if I use it moderately and do not play a game on it for long.. My callers haven't mentioned much of a difference except they I do sound a little more clear and I personally think they sound better and I don't have my volume all the way up. So maybe the changing the settings did something....